PDA

View Full Version : Zone Offroad vs. Rough Country

rmcdonald02
03-01-2013, 10:55 PM
i am currently looking at upgrading my lift. wanting a 4.5 lift and not sure if i should go with a Zone or a Rough Country. Also which one has the better leaf springs

4.3LXJ
03-01-2013, 11:10 PM
is a tough one Ryan. I haven't personally used either. But I think I would go with Zone. The shocks are better I think than RC

rmcdonald02
03-01-2013, 11:18 PM
what lift do you have

nickxj94
03-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I have a rc im happy with it. But I like zones lifts they look well built.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

toebee97
03-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Pretty satisfied with my RC lift, been on my XJ for over 2 years, no sagging, decent ride too even with the hydro shocks.

4.3LXJ
03-02-2013, 09:18 AM
what lift do you have

Mine is all home grown. It is a long arm three link I built with Rubicon Express springs in front and a bastard pack using Isuzu Rodeo springs in the rear and some shocks with a little custom bushing work.

But shocks make a real difference in how a vehicle performs. Some people think the RC shocks are too stiff. From what I have heard the Zone shocks ride much nicer. Haven't heard any complaints about Zone yet

bluedragon436
03-02-2013, 09:21 AM
I have RC and love it... I am running the upgraded shocks, not the 2.0 but the 9000 series or whatever they call em... and I was told they'd have a harsh ride... I'm sitting pretty close to 7.5" of lift and I don't feel it is any rougher than any other 4x4 I've ever ridden in, lifted or stock... I will say it doesn't always feel like a Caddy running down the road... but I didn't want a Caddy to drive and wheel with anyways!!!

The original Zone setups were crap... but now that they've been out for a bit, and had more time for R&D and trial and error... from what I've heard they have been putting out some pretty good stuff.. Haven't seen any of it in person or performing out on the trails as of yet... so can't say for sure how it is... but from what I've seen online and with other folks' setups... seems to be doing pretty good...

toebee97
03-02-2013, 12:47 PM
The original Zone setups were crap... but now that they've been out for a bit, and had more time for R&D and trial and error... from what I've heard they have been putting out some pretty good stuff.. Haven't seen any of it in person or performing out on the trails as of yet... so can't say for sure how it is... but from what I've seen online and with other folks' setups... seems to be doing pretty good...
I heard that too when I first started looking into getting a lift a few years ago, glad I went with RC instead of Zone at the time!

ALS XJ
03-02-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't have much experience with either brand...I'm running Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sport XL's and LOVE THEM! You get what ya pay for... I am currently running OME 3.5" Med. duty leafs and OME 4" TJ coils up front with Iron Man Andy's U/L CA's, Trackbar, and Tie rod...handles GREAT on/off road and tracks straight as an arrow @75mph even with Cooper STT's! I have my total write up in "RE vs OME" (or vice versa) thread.:D

2manytoys
03-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I've been running a Zone 4.5" setup HARDCORE (seriously) for two years with no problem. I've broken 3 sets (not Zone) of upper control arms (1 stock set & 2 aftermarket), ripped the mounts off the front axle etc.., etc... Never a problem with any Zone parts. Plus the folks at the Zone display tent at the Indy Jamboree were super cool & gave me some cool freebies. I'll definitely buy another Zone kit !

subsonic
03-06-2013, 01:44 PM
I would take Zone all day long over RC.

Joliet Johnny
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
I am so glad to read this. I bought the Zone 4.5 kit from the local offroad shop for half price(display model/part someone ordered but never came back for) I still have yet to put it on but it does seem well built.

Mudderoy
03-06-2013, 09:52 PM
I've said it before...

If I could I would have bought RC 4.5" coils and RC 4.5" leaf springs. Then purchased Ironman4x4fab.com adjustable uppers and lowers, heavy duty tie rod and his new adjustable track bar.

As it is I'll be changing out the 4.5" coils for 6.5" coils pretty soon.

Joliet Johnny
03-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Im saving up for the Ironman4x4fab.com adjustable uppers and lowers. Lucky for me were busy at work and OT is forced upon us. I may wait to lift till I have the whole package.