PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix problem

Marty84
02-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Hi people's got a oil leak oil is going up distributor shaft into cap and out ov drain hole anyone got any ideas

nickyg
02-26-2013, 10:26 AM
I never experienced that kind of leak before, so I can't say for sure how to fix it. but a quick google serch found this.

If you don't have a Haynes manual Now might be a good time to get one.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

There should be a gasket at the base of the distributor right where it fits into the block. Felpro and all the others make them but brace yourself, they run about $14 for a felt circle about 2 inches in diameter! How bad is the leak?

You'll have to pull the dizzy out to replace it. I'd make all kinds of alignment marks so that if you CAREFULLY pull it out without moving anything, you can slip it back in and line everything back up.

4.3LXJ
02-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Are you sure it is not from the oil filter adapter, a much more common problem in that area. A pic would help

Mudderoy
02-26-2013, 01:39 PM
If oil really is being forced up and out into the distributor cap the only thing I can think of is the crank case is being pressurized. That could mean blow by on the pistons. A compression test of each cylinder should answer this question.

LizardRunner
02-26-2013, 01:52 PM
I'd check the PCV it might be clogged up and causing the crank case to pressurize.