PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump shutting off.

cherokeepeavy
02-23-2013, 06:12 PM
I have a 95 xj and my fuel pump has cut off on me before. A friend told my to hit it with something and it started back up. Now, it's not working at all unless you hit it. Is the pump finally out or could it be electrical? Id appreciate it if someone could give me there option so i could get fixed what needs to be.:xjtalk: Thanks.

4.3LXJ
02-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Riley this is one of those things that you might want to use an ohm meter on. There are two things I can think of. First, a bad connection in the plug for the wires feeding it. Second is a bad ground and by hitting it you jiggle it enough to reestablish it enough to work. Do you know how to use one?

cherokeepeavy
02-23-2013, 06:27 PM
No i don't.

4.3LXJ
02-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Well your only option then is to make sure the tank has a good contact with the body of the Jeep. This is probably what it is according to your description. If you had a meter and knew how to use it then you could figure that out in about two minutes

nickxj94
02-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Well your only option then is to make sure the tank has a good contact with the body of the Jeep. This is probably what it is according to your description. If you had a meter and knew how to use it then you could figure that out in about two minutes

Yup I had that happen to me I hit a rock on a trail it shoved my tank back 6 inches and quit running took me a couple days to figure that it lost ground,I put it back where its supposed to be and ran extra ground straps to the tank to unibody problem solved!

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2