PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Lynnwilly
02-16-2013, 04:59 PM
I've been lurking here for about a month, so it's time I came out of the woodwork.

Desert wheelin' a 93 XJ Country, basically stock w' 30" BFG A/Ts & no significant issues.

Started a 2-3" lift last month and had installed 3" blocks at the rear when I saw that the stabilizer bar link rubbed the inside of my tires big time. NO Bueno! Haven't figured how to resolve that problem so had to remove the lift. Doesn't look like a 1.5" block lift will prove to be much better. Damn! Had the blocks, so I guess I'm gonna have to find some 2" shackles.
What's the consensus on using blocks? I went for the cheaper quick fix and that seems to have backfired on me. :bang::bang::bang:XJ has rust issues in the undercarriage, but that has to hold til later. First things first.

4.3LXJ
02-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Ditch the blocks, use an S10 bastard pack. Probably your cheapest option. You will need new shocks though, which you would have needed anyway

bigjim350
02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
You can remove the rear sway bar. Almost every lifted xj as well as some stock ones, have the rear sway bar removed. While driving you won't even notice its gone, but you will have alot more flex offroad.

Sent from my nerdy smartphone