PDA

View Full Version : Welcome hitman44!!!

bluedragon436
02-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi hitman44, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

hitman44
02-10-2013, 03:40 PM
hello to everyone, first off let me say im glad to have found a dsite that seems to be very well devolped around one of my fav jeeps of all time. a littler backround story on myself. im from batavia ny (smack between rochester and buffalo), im a father of 2, with a great wife that stands behind all my projects lol...i have never been able as of yet to say i have owned or built the xj of my dreams, but off road and anyhting to do with it has been in my blood for ever. i look forward to the soon to be xj in my driveway and being able to share it with you all and working on and wheeling it with my family. i cant wait to get elbow deep in the site so when my jeep shows up ill be able to get elbow deep in it. lol thanks again guys for the warm welcome

4.3LXJ
02-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Glad to have you Joe. We look forward to when you get that Jeep

hitman44
02-10-2013, 04:27 PM
i forgot to mention before...i am not new to the jeep game lol...ive worked as a service writer for a chrysler dodge jeep dealership for last 4 years and my wife and i have shared a 07 jeep liberty for last couple of years...(the reason im picking up my xj soon lol)...just wanted to put that in...back to enjoying the site lol

XJ Wheeler
02-10-2013, 08:21 PM
First off, welcome to xjtalk. Further more, sounds like you've been blessed with a great family. And that's no small feet these days. So, tell us more of the XJ of your dreams. What's the specs on the soon to be purchase and the dream build? Oh, and when you get started feel free to start a build thread to chronicle all your efforts... and fun.

cantab27
02-10-2013, 08:49 PM
welcome joe

01xjcny
02-10-2013, 08:57 PM
welcome i am just on the other side of syracuse in utica

RTPG
02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Welcome to :xjtalk: hitman44

hitman44
02-12-2013, 07:37 AM
thanks to all for the kind welcome. i look forward to catching one of the xj talk shows here shortly lol. the xj of my dreams....id like to at least start with a 6.5in lift and maby 35's? not sure if that or a 33 would be a better choice. its got to still function well as a daily driver. not looking to do just one thing with. want something that would work good in the mud as well as on some of the logging trail and what not around my house. any one with good ideas of where to start or maby what to look for as a start would be great. thanks again guys

4.3LXJ
02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Whether or not you take the leap from 33s to 35s depends on your rear axle. If you have a D44 or late Chrysler 8.25 then 35s are a go. But the smaller rear ends are much happier with 33s,especially if locked

hitman44
02-13-2013, 08:07 PM
hey guys posted up a thread in the general tak area for a posb buy...check it out and lmk what you think about it as a starting point. thanks guys