PDA

View Full Version : Thumb throttle.

billyjack
02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Ok guys, i got the thumb throttle installed over the weekend. took about half an hour to figure out how i wanted to install it and about 15mins to install.
Rubicon sells the thumb throttle kit for about 30.00. I pieced mine together for about 5.00. my plans at the begining was to hook up the thumb throttle directly to the linkage. after looking at it for a bit i relized i dont use my cruise control any more so why not use it for a cleaner look.
I mounted the throttle on my shifter, ran the line up to the throttle,disconected the cruise control line,cut it right behind where it mounts to the linkage mount and pull the cruise control cable out. run new cable through and mount to exsiting cruise control connecter. Measure everything out,cut and crimp.
Works like a charm.

prcjeep
02-06-2013, 01:04 AM
This is something ive been wanting to do for a while...

billyjack
02-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Works really well and i have it adjusted so if it is accidently hit by someone or something the RPMS wont shoot anything over 2700rpm.

prerunner1982
02-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Looks good, though I would want it closer to the shifter handle so that I could "finger" the throttle and still keep control of the shifter. I assume you mounted where you did to keep the cable hidden?

bluedragon436
02-07-2013, 12:27 PM
That looks really good... I'll take one kit, one AX-15 and all required items for an AT to MT swap!! LOL

billyjack
02-07-2013, 01:13 PM
The reason i mounted it where it is was after mocking up in diffrent locations this one fit the best. I have no intentions of useing this while im shifting. ofcourse this might change as i use it more offten. only time will tell.