PDA

View Full Version : Hood vents

weasel
02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
im new to this forum so if this is in the wrong spot sorry. my ? is what are your ideas on hood vents in wet weather and winter as setting overnight parked in the rain or chance of ice in the winter my jeep temp stays cool so its more for looks got a cool idea in my head :thumbsup:thanks for idears

4.3LXJ
02-02-2013, 03:04 PM
David, a lot of people worry about that since they vent over the fuel injector rail. However the most efficient place to vent is in the front of the hood right behind the radiator. If you vent there there is nothing you would have to worry about

Carves
02-02-2013, 08:35 PM
X 2 with 4.3LXJ ...

To actually vent the engine bay and gain some benefit of slightly increased airflow through the rad ... locate the vents at the front.

There are other, useful, mounting lcations - such as the rear corners of the hood or in the fenders ... but the XJs panel work makes those spots a bit tricky to work with.

If you're considering them "just for looks" as you stated ... Just do what chrysler did with the "Orvis" model, euro, XJ ... and stick on some vents - without holes in the hood ;);)

weasel
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
I think im goina put them near the front plus if i used the stick on my buds would remount them for me every time i turn my head id have one on a fender and one on the rear window haha