PDA

View Full Version : Selec trac

redxj
01-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Hello fellow jeepers i am new to this forum. i have some tech issues i need help with. i have an 01 with np242 transfer case that keeps poping out of low lock. i read over and over on other forums that linkage is out of adjustment so i followed all there advise still no good then i totaly disconected the shift linkage and manualy shifted it on the tc still does the.same thing but seems to stay in while in reverse. so i guess what i want to know does it sound like its got to come out and if so will a tc out of a grand cherokee of same year with 4.0l bolt up if i.swap front yoke.....plz help

4.3LXJ
01-26-2013, 10:23 PM
It does sound like it needs to come out. You will just have to make sure the spline count is the same on the input, which it should be

redxj
01-27-2013, 02:19 AM
Thanks man that should make it a.lot easier to.find a.new one. if you ever need paint or body advise let me know

4.3LXJ
01-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks man that should make it a.lot easier to.find a.new one. if you ever need paint or body advise let me know

That I will do. The clear coat is shot on my XJ. When I get tube fenders on I will repaint. I know next to nothing about painting a rig

XJ Wheeler
01-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Just making sure, if you do get one from grand be sure to get the 242. I highly doubt the quadradrive t-case would work with yours.