PDA

View Full Version : My new lady XJ

r6_tank
01-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Would like to introduce my XJ. It's a 93 with the 4.0L, has a little bit of rust in the floor pans but all repairable. i look forward to getting to know everyone on the forum and learning the ins and outs of the XJ!

bluedragon436
01-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Welcome to :xjtalk: from Delaware!! Looks like you got a pretty decent shaped XJ there.. What all plans do you have for it?? Feel free to ask anything you got a question on.. You can def. learn quite a bit from the folks on here...

r6_tank
01-20-2013, 11:11 AM
It is a 2wd and i dont really have any intentions of going to 4wd, put the first priority is going to be the interior. Its has a few rust spots in the floor and the dashboard is peeling, so when the weather warms i plan on tearing out the carpet and replacing floor pans. truck bed coat the interior, new seats, new gauges, short shifter.

It was a pretty good find, rebuilt tranny with only 3k miles, new AC system, just painted matte black and i traded straight up for a Yamaha r6 with a blown motor.

I also have a 2000 z28 that i wrecked and am trying to sell as is, but if that doesnt sell she just might get an LS1 transplant!

I did have a question about it though, when i was looking up NADA values on the XJ, i noticed the '93 average retail was $2700 and the '94 in the same model was only $1200... Was their something unique about the 93 model that helps the resale value?

bluedragon436
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
As far as I know... there wasn't any real difference between the 93 and the 94 model.. The way the Jeeps were back in the day... I think there were probably changes every year... but seriously I don't think that there was any changes between those two years.. Only thing I can find online is a few body strengthening upgrades as well as 94 was the first year with the 3rd tail light on the top of the liftgate... But nothing that should make a difference on the values.. I think someone has a messed up system or something...

Does your z28 not have an LS1 already?? or were you meaning if it doesn't sell soon, you'll pull the LS1 for a transplant into another vehicle??

4.3LXJ
01-20-2013, 02:29 PM
It is a 2wd and i dont really have any intentions of going to 4wd, put the first priority is going to be the interior. Its has a few rust spots in the floor and the dashboard is peeling, so when the weather warms i plan on tearing out the carpet and replacing floor pans. truck bed coat the interior, new seats, new gauges, short shifter.

It was a pretty good find, rebuilt tranny with only 3k miles, new AC system, just painted matte black and i traded straight up for a Yamaha r6 with a blown motor.

I also have a 2000 z28 that i wrecked and am trying to sell as is, but if that doesnt sell she just might get an LS1 transplant!

I did have a question about it though, when i was looking up NADA values on the XJ, i noticed the '93 average retail was $2700 and the '94 in the same model was only $1200... Was their something unique about the 93 model that helps the resale value?

Probably a typo on the values. It it goes back up in 95, then that is the value to use. There is essentially no differences other than trim between 93 - 95

r6_tank
01-20-2013, 03:04 PM
@bluedragon436 it has an ls1, I have seen some guys that have put them in their XJ... would make an awfully fast sleeper XJ!

XJ Wheeler
01-20-2013, 03:21 PM
That would be a very cool sleeper, especially all done up stealth in that black.