PDA

View Full Version : Let's get a 4.0 on Horsepower TV!

Sneedle Vision
01-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Anyone else think it's time to see the XJ's engine get some love?

Let's get a group effort to get their attention. Email/tweet/facebook them and let them know you want to see the 4.0 Inline 6 have it's turn!

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @PowerblockTV

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PowerBlockTV

Let's make this happen!

XJ Wheeler
01-14-2013, 02:32 AM
That would be sweeet.

Mudderoy
01-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Oh it would be, great idea! :popcorn:

We may have to start a campaign on the podcast for this!

LizardRunner
01-14-2013, 01:00 PM
I just wish there were some aftermarket Hi performance parts out there for them. The shelves are pretty barren when it comes to cam shafts, pistons/rods and other go fast or torque enhancement parts for the 4.0

bluedragon436
01-14-2013, 01:04 PM
I think you'll def have to spread this campaign out between other Jeep sites that you can find... like all of them... I think they'll ignore us, due to the larger group of people with the Chevy, Ford and Dodge engines and modding....

Now I do think it would be awesome to have some specials or something showing the build up of the 4.0 engine... I also wish that the parts that are available weren't so darn expensive... I'll def throw up some love on all these links for this 4.0 love!!

olds-cool
01-14-2013, 01:48 PM
I doubt you'll ever see it on Horsepower since they cater more to the hot rod guys. When was the last time you saw a 4.0 in a hotrod? I think it was Xtreme that did a show on building a stroker. I just remember watching the goofy haired guy talking about it. You'd have better luck getting them to do one up then take it over to the Horsepower shop and dyno it. Seems to me, they are in the same building anyways.

nickxj94
01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Yeah send the idea to Ian he will probably do it cause he has a soft heart to Jeeps of all kinds!

dagr8tim
01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Trucks did the 'Cheap Cherokee' that they built a 4.6 stroker for.

denverd1
01-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Trucks did the 'Cheap Cherokee' that they built a 4.6 stroker for.

Yep. IIRC Ian did mentioned a Cherokee on one of his budget wheeler spots but never messed with the engine. I found it hard to believe his favorite build ever was a diesel samurai that he eventually turbo'd and ran off veggy oil...

Would love to see him throw some parts at a 4.0! There are cams available for these, just not very many. I know Crane and comp make a couple. Or we always get in touch with my buddies at Cam Research to cut one for it. Not much more than an off the shelf cam anyway... add some high ratio rockers, maybe some bigger valves ( or not, that would get $$). Headers and intake would need be opened up too! Woo!! Gets me all fired up! :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

prerunner1982
01-17-2013, 10:17 AM
I just wish there were some aftermarket Hi performance parts out there for them. The shelves are pretty barren when it comes to cam shafts, pistons/rods and other go fast or torque enhancement parts for the 4.0

Sparse but not completely barren.:thumbsup:

http://www.cliffordperformance.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CP&Category_Code=J258

http://www.shop.505performance.com/category.sc?categoryId=23

denverd1
01-17-2013, 02:45 PM
stroker 4.9 !!!!:thumbsup: :drool: