PDA

View Full Version : Hanson Bumper Carrier Question

White98
01-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Looking for some help with my new Hanson rear bumper.. Installed it no worries, slapped the 31" tire on, and when I stepped back, it looked like the tire carrier part was bending back a good bit. I'm not sure if you can see this in the picture, but it's apparent when in person. How do people get their tires to be more like \ than | in relation to the rear hatch? Seems the bracket doesn't want to mount that way.
Maybe I'm being too much of a fancy boy, but since I shelled out all that dough for the bumper, I'd expect it to fit more flush.

Any help is appreciated, of course.

4.3LXJ
01-13-2013, 05:12 PM
There is going to be a little sag due to design. But if it was me I would cut the mount and re weld so that the tire is more balanced over the center of the carrier support

Mudderoy
01-13-2013, 07:29 PM
When I purchased my Detours USA rear bumper with tire carrier, I asked them to make it where the spare tire was at an angle that would match the back upper hatch. They agreed, and said they have never had that request before.

So it's really just a preference thing. I would expect it to be at 90 degrees or less to the rest of the XJ of course. If greater then 90 degrees then I'd say someone messed up when they built it.