PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear MR/T's w/kevlar

RVXJ
01-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Is there anyone out there running these? I had mine mounted last Friday and the guy that did it said they were directional. I showed him on the tire where it says "This Side Out". He insisted that they were directional and mounted them with two wheels as stated on the tire and two to the inside. Most all the info I find, says they are not directional. Does it really matter? The first pic is the way he mounted them. The second pic is what the tire says it should be.

01xjcny
01-09-2013, 07:38 PM
yes it matters or they would not take the time to write it on the tire. It is a asymmetrical tread pattern not exactly a directional but still need to mounted the correct way to do what the tire is design to do like evacuate water

RVXJ
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I thought so too. I'll take the two back tomorrow and have him install them correctly. Thanks

4.3LXJ
01-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Goodyear considers them a non directional tire. Whatever side goes out is the way they are supposed to be

Dredwolf
01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
I have always seen them installed with the more "open" lugs out, which side is supposed to be out?

RVXJ
01-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Goodyear considers them a non directional tire. Whatever side goes out is the way they are supposed to be

I agree. I took the two in question back yesterday and had them turned the correct way.

RVXJ
01-11-2013, 07:07 AM
I have always seen them installed with the more "open" lugs out, which side is supposed to be out?

I think there is a lot of confusion between the older MR/T's and the newer ones with Kevlar sides. The ones I have are the newer ones with Kevlar and they say on the sidewall which side should be mounted inboard or outboard.
The guy that mounted mine, insisted on mounting them according to the tread direction. In mounting them this way, I could only mount a spare tire of the same kind, on one side. Moral of this story, read the sidewalls!:beer: