PDA

View Full Version : Spent this weekend adding more lift

RVXJ
12-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Well, I finally got around to adding 2" of lift to my Jeep. I was running the OME 2.5" with 30" tires. We won some Goodyear tires at the Jeep Jamboree in Hot Springs Ark. in October. I decided on 32's so... I called Rocky Road, where I got my 2.5" lift. I wound up ordering the Trailblazer kit minus the springs which were already on. I wound up with 2" coil spacers and 1.5" shackles plus .5" leaf spring blocks. I also ordered new control arms, control arm drop kit, track bar, and quick disconnects for the front sway bar. So, after 3 full days using a friend's lift, I installed the control arms, minus the drop kit, the front spacers, rear shackles minus the leaf block and the track bar. The track bar was too long so I had to cut about an inch out and weld it to make "adjustable". I did manage to get the shackle bolts out ok after soaking them with penetrating oil for a week prior. The sway bar disconnects are useless as they need some sort of extensions to work. You would think that the person that took my order for a lift would have mentioned that I would need them. Anyway I am sitting at approx. 21" to the bottom of my rocker panel in front and about 21.5" in the rear with the 30's on. Don't know if the 32's are gonna make it. Any thoughts?

RVXJ
12-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Nothing?

4.3LXJ
12-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Glad to see you got new control arms so hopefully you can maintain a proper castor angle. Yes, sway bar disconnects need to be longer. They can be cut and welded to any length. As far as 32s go, you will probably need to trim the fenders. They will rub at full stuff. How is your shock length?

cantab27
12-31-2012, 10:35 PM
pics brother

RVXJ
01-01-2013, 01:11 PM
I was supplied with longer shocks. Don't know the length. Trouble is, I don't really know how much lift it truly has. 2" spacers on the front coils and 1.5" shackles made it sit pretty level.

I haven't taken any pics yet and + I still can't figure out how to post pics. I've tried posting some directly from my pictures but still can't get them on a post.

4.3LXJ
01-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Got format problems?

RVXJ
01-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Not sure. I can send pics via email and can post pics on craigslist.

4.3LXJ
01-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Not sure why you are having trouble. I do it both ways. From my desktop for one timers and from Photobucket for stuff I will use again or on other forums