PDA

View Full Version : This is a new one?

Splatterific
12-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Warming up my 99' cherrie this morning. Open the passenger door start her up shut the door and all the doors lock. Think god for spare keys and being close to them. Determined for some odd reason slamming the passenger door only, all the doors lock. What's up with that? I'm thinking get a remote starter. Convenient answer but, that don't solve the problem.

gary63
12-29-2012, 05:29 PM
most of the time it happens in cold weather or as the chry.,dodge,ply.,and jeep
get older the elec. selanos have grease in them and get thick and dry up.So they don,t go all the way to the unlock side of the selanos so slaming the door or sometime the hood.sometime giving them a shot of lube (wd40,or shutch) to sofen and get the grease going agian.

Splatterific
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
My 95' had that problem your speaking of. This time it's a different scenario. You can hear the actuators actually activating throughout the truck. All doors locking.

gary63
12-29-2012, 05:42 PM
will the fac. in trying to make thing to work with everlittle efert the button contacks start veryclouse so with time they get clouser and weaker so a spark can jump.

Splatterific
12-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Was thinking something like that my self. What else is there rite.

gary63
12-29-2012, 08:43 PM
new switch or extra keys I have were people have install deffert type of button.
me extra keys cheap and semple.