PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Mich_Nimrod!!!

bluedragon436
12-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Hi Mich_Nimrod, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Mich_Nimrod
12-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Love automation... lol :p

I am a dude that lives in SW Michigan. Kinda draw a triangle from Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo to Holland... I might live somewhere in there or close to it.

I currently do not own any Jeeps. Used to own an 88 YJ with mild lift that I sold when my daughter was fermenting in my wifes belly. After that I had a 93 WJ for a bit. Current ride is a beat up 02 Ford Taurus. It gets me to and fro for now. Looking to buy an XJ in the next few months (as soon as I sell the POS Taurus and find the XJ I want). :driving:

Anyway found the forum through the podcast (I am a bit of a podcast junky). Hope to learn what I can from you all. Not sure where I will add but will do what I can. I do have a tech ham license and plan on installing my old(er) Icom 2100 in my XJ when I get it. I am not active with Ham but if I get it installed again I would have an excuse.

When I am not working side by side with the Secret Squirrel, I love to spend time with my family, hunting, fishing, home brewing beer, gardening, shooting, writing, etc, etc. :indifferent0020:

Hope everyone here at XJ Talk has a Merry Christmas!

Nimrod :patriot:

Mudderoy
12-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Love automation... lol :p

I am a dude that lives in SW Michigan. Kinda draw a triangle from Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo to Holland... I might live somewhere in there or close to it.

I currently do not own any Jeeps. Used to own an 88 YJ with mild lift that I sold when my daughter was fermenting in my wifes belly. After that I had a 93 WJ for a bit. Current ride is a beat up 02 Ford Taurus. It gets me to and fro for now. Looking to buy an XJ in the next few months (as soon as I sell the POS Taurus and find the XJ I want). :driving:

Anyway found the forum through the podcast (I am a bit of a podcast junky). Hope to learn what I can from you all. Not sure where I will add but will do what I can. I do have a tech ham license and plan on installing my old(er) Icom 2100 in my XJ when I get it. I am not active with Ham but if I get it installed again I would have an excuse.

When I am not working side by side with the Secret Squirrel, I love to spend time with my family, hunting, fishing, home brewing beer, gardening, shooting, writing, etc, etc. :indifferent0020:

Hope everyone here at XJ Talk has a Merry Christmas!

Nimrod :patriot:

Hey that's great, and :welcome: to :xjtalk:

I think you're the first person to say you found the website because of the podcast. I've always loved talk radio, and with an hour in and back to work each day I have plenty of time to listen to the NEW talk radio, podcasts.

I've been a ham since 1976(ish). In fact we're trying to get someone from the ARRL to come on the podcast and talk about how you go about getting a license these days. Maybe in January.

Keep us up on your XJ search. We love pictures. :popcorn:

4.3LXJ
12-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Welcome Nimrod. HUMWEE Jr on here is a certified beer judge. He has award winning stuff

XJ Wheeler
12-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey nimrod, welcome to Xjtalk. Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience in a lot of fields. Glad you found us and the podcast. :thumbsup: