PDA

View Full Version : Famous no heat issue

frndofbill
12-23-2012, 07:31 AM
changes from floor to vent etc... but temp. selector does not change temp. i found the actuater under the glove box and it does not move when selecting temp. does anyone have details about this issue. i have owned several jeeps but none had this issue. guess i've been lucky. thanx to all who reply. cold wheelin sux!:bang:

Mudderoy
12-23-2012, 07:39 AM
changes from floor to vent etc... but temp. selector does not change temp. i found the actuater under the glove box and it does not move when selecting temp. does anyone have details about this issue. i have owned several jeeps but none had this issue. guess i've been lucky. thanx to all who reply. cold wheelin sux!:bang:

Not sure if this is your problem, but my heater core is clogged. I put come CLR in it, and rinsed it with water after letting it sit a bit.

Made some improvement, but still not like it should be.

I didn't notice what year Jeep you have. I believe the pre-97's have a valve that turns flow on and off to the heater core.

My goal this week is to remove my dash and replace heater core, evaporator and blower motor.

frndofbill
12-23-2012, 07:45 AM
it's a 2000 i rinsed out the heater core it has good flow. the inlet and outlet hoses are both hot when engine is warm. so ?

bluedragon436
12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
It would seem to me like whatever is inside the HVAC panel is messed up... so I would say try and see if you can't pick up another HVAC panel from the JY to give a try... I might have to check mine and see if that might not be the issue with mine.. since I have flushed the core already... it helped some... but not like it should be...

4.3LXJ
12-23-2012, 03:00 PM
I haven't had a 2000 apart, but that actuator you found should be for max/regular AC. The actuator for temp control should be in the area just ahead of the console.

frndofbill
12-23-2012, 03:18 PM
thanx 4.3 i also checked and have good voltage at plug for temp control at hvac console

4.3LXJ
12-23-2012, 03:55 PM
You can probably see the motor for the blend door above the accelerator