PDA

View Full Version : Head lights falling out

wyowagon
12-19-2012, 09:35 PM
So i got a 92 larado with head lights that cant be adjusted and are loose in the grill i tried replacing the small adjuster clips with new ones problem is the small squar holes that hold them are more or less stipped out so the head light bucket just flips around in the grill and point whare ever they fall after a bump

Im wanting to just swap in some good off road lights has anyone one here done this before its a beater off road rig so i dont want to replace the grill
any ieas would be great

Brasscatz
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Is it strictly an off-road only rig? If not, you'll have some trouble passing inspection without hi-beams if you swap in offroad lights. I would make a trip to the junk yard to see if you can find the offending internal parts to replace them with.

4.3LXJ
12-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Those square plastic nutserts are available at a fastener store like Fastenal. I would suggest that you get some, they are cheap and then add the driving lights later. You never know when you will need to drive on the street.

wyowagon
12-20-2012, 06:41 AM
That's a good point ya never know. I have replace those little fasteners ill try to find some bigger ones I'm in Wyoming so we don't have inspections. ill keep looking