PDA

View Full Version : The XJ Experiences

OMC OFFROAD
12-16-2012, 09:41 PM
We are putting together The XJ Experiences. 5 days 5 trails on the Rubicon and surrounding trails. This is and XJ only event applications will ready in February for this run. Here are some of the minmum requirements to attend this run. 33" Tires, Winch, Recovery Gear, Rear Locker, Rock Sliders, Body Armor, Spare tire, Current Tags, Current Green Stickers for trailer queens, Current Insurance, First Aid kit, and all common things found in long trail runs. Also photos will be required with application and we will have a tech inspection. Sponsors we have so far at this time are CORVA, OMC OFFROAD, Ventura Off Road Show and many more to come. you can e-mail [email protected] with questions on run and to send your application in. You can also follow u-date here and on facebook under The XJ Experiences :driving:

4.3LXJ
12-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Love to go, but the tires are too short

OMC OFFROAD
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Love to go, but the tires are too short

Well you can up-grade our tires by June sir. What size you running now? :driving:

4.3LXJ
12-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Just bought 31s. I have the rest of the stuff, including OBA which was not listed

OMC OFFROAD
12-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Well sir it was just a basic list so people got the idea. Application wil have every thing including fee's :D

OMC OFFROAD
12-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Just bought 31s. I have the rest of the stuff, including OBA which was not listed

Have done the Rubicon or surrounding trails?

4.3LXJ
12-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I have been all around it, but not on it. I used to live near the end of it at Tahoe

4.3LXJ
12-17-2012, 09:26 PM
I have been all around it. Was going to do some of the easier trails this summer when Cantab comes to visit since he will have a stock rig. Barrett Lake is on my list, but at another time. We thought we might do the Rubi on our way up to church camp at Tahoe, but maybe not this summer.

OMC OFFROAD
12-17-2012, 09:53 PM
I have been all around it. Was going to do some of the easier trails this summer when Cantab comes to visit since he will have a stock rig. Barrett Lake is on my list, but at another time. We thought we might do the Rubi on our way up to church camp at Tahoe, but maybe not this summer.

Ok would you come out as a rep for xjTalk? Im sure we can get you with some one and I have an extra set of 33" if you like to come

4.3LXJ
12-17-2012, 11:51 PM
If I came, it would be with the 31s. I don't want to over stress the D35 which so far has held up rather nicely

Pookapotamus
12-18-2012, 09:26 AM
hmm, planning to be done my build for the july show and shine up here, wonder if i can finish early and talk the wife into a little road trip? 5 Days on the trail sound fun!

msmoorenburg
12-18-2012, 09:44 AM
If I came, it would be with the 31s. I don't want to over stress the D35 which so far has held up rather nicely

I'd be happy to pack the extra 8.25 i have in either Jimbo or Wayne's luggage

:rolleye0012:

4.3LXJ
12-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Has to have 4.10s in it :D Then there is the locker ....

OMC OFFROAD
12-18-2012, 07:21 PM
I'd be happy to pack the extra 8.25 i have in either Jimbo or Wayne's luggage

:rolleye0012:

Ok would you and 4.3LXJ come out as rep,s for xjTalk? If not look forward to seeing you there. :driving:

Dredwolf
12-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Has to have 4.10s in it :D Then there is the locker ....

I just HAPPEN to have a D35 with 4.10's AND a Smiley face painted on the diff cover, might be able to put clothes on it, buy it a bus ticket, and send it on a bus to you....;)

4.3LXJ
12-18-2012, 08:20 PM
I just HAPPEN to have a D35 with 4.10's AND a Smiley face painted on the diff cover, might be able to put clothes on it, buy it a bus ticket, and send it on a bus to you....;)

Well see, there is the rub. I already have one of those, minus the smiley face. But that might be a nice touch later. Then there is my tranny gearing. 32% overdirve almost makes 4.10s too tall. Would be more so with 33s, not to mention getting to the limit of a locked D35 in rocks:o

4.3LXJ
12-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Ok would you and 4.3LXJ come out as rep,s for xjTalk? If not look forward to seeing you there. :driving:

So what does "representative" mean?

bluedragon436
12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
I think this would be awesome... Just wish I lived closer or had the funds to make that trek and wheel... or at least make the trek and enjoy seeing some awesome rigs... But look forward to seeing pics none the less!!

OMC OFFROAD
12-19-2012, 07:23 PM
So what does "representative" mean?

A person to rep xjalk as a club maybe do some interviews for Tony and Josh for xjTalk podcast. Gte some live video feed for live show and show for the forum rep the forum. If you like you can hit trails with me in my xj. I think this would give xjTalk some exposure and cover an XJ only trail run. So im guessing rep the forum get shirts to sell of give out to members and to new members. Im sure some thing could be worked out. Possible in application and packet for the run follow.

:xjtalk:

4.3LXJ
12-19-2012, 09:36 PM
I'll have to think about it.

OMC OFFROAD
12-19-2012, 11:33 PM
I think you could represent the forum well Steve. And it would be an honor to have you out with us.

On another note we are going to do a NIGHT RUN instead of TIME TRIAL. :driving:

OMC OFFROAD
12-20-2012, 11:09 PM
UP-Date we will have Amy Granat as a speaker at dinner one night. She will be covering trail issues we face and on the rubicon its self. :driving:

OMC OFFROAD
12-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Vehicles Preparations

This information is intended to give the reader an
idea of what type of vehicle is needed to run the
Rubicon Trail. These are recommendations only; it
is up to you to be safe and thoughtful when using
the trail.

If you have the driving skills, a brand new stock
Wrangler can be driven through the Rubicon, taking
the bypasses. Most people should expect sheet metal
damage, at a minimum. Larger tires (33”), a lift kit
(3”), body protection (rocker guards) and a locking
or limited slip differential should be considered to
prevent damage.

Vehicle accessories you should consider:

* Hand tools
* Spare parts
* A spare tire
* Onboard welder
* A fire extinguisher
* A Winch rated at roughly twice your vehicle’s weight, preferably equipped with synthetic
rope
* Extrication hardware (tree strap, clevis,
dowels, chain, etc.)
* A tow strap
* Work gloves
* A Hi-lift jack
* Adequate attachment points for towing (tow hooks!)
* A roll cage
* High quality seat belts
* A functional parking brake or Line Lock device

Remember to maintain your vehicle prior to coming
to the trail! Poorly maintained vehicles leak, are
unsafe, and tend to break down, ruining your trip
for you and your group.

Vehicle Licensing

It is legal to drive any street licensed vehicle from any US state on the Rubicon Trail.

Green sticker requirements
Any non-street legal vehicles needs to have a green sticker and spark arrestor in place to run the
Rubicon Trail. For details, see http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr16.htm

Conditions and restrictions
The Rubicon Trail is a county claimed public road in both El Dorado and Placer Counties.
All vehicle codes still apply. All county laws and restrictions are still enforced.

Review all restrictions and conditions.