PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice!!

Tha_Rookie123
12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Hey guys i'm new at this stuff so please excuse the mistakes i probably will make. I am getting closer to invest in tires(either 31's or 33's. still not sure what will fit with the lift im looking at) ,rims,and a lift kit for my 2000 cherokee(Still all stock besides sound system). Id like to get some good recomendations on what has looked good for some of you. Ill put links at the bottom of the post of what im looking into but for now ill just tell you
-Rough country XJ Cherokee 3" Series II Suspension lift kit
- XD Hoss rims
- Fierce Attitude M/T Tires
If you have any of these on you xj, have any expericence with these products or seen it on someones please tell me about!!

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xj_3x.html

http://www.onlinetires.com/search/vehicle/tires/fierce/5510/all_prices/all_sizes/all_tires/all_speeds/page_1.html

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/wheels/kmc-xd+series/hoss.html

bluedragon436
12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Everyone has to start somewhere... so don't feel bad about asking if you are unsure or want opinions... I think with the 3" lift you are better off going with the 31" tires that they recommend... now if you plan to cut your fenders quite a bit then you could run 33's... but other than that the largest I would go with the 3" lift would be 32's... and even then you'll have to trim the fenders up a bit... the Fierce Attitude tires are awesome tires... I have a coworker that ran them on his MJ and his ZJ... and he loved them... for DD and for trail duty...

ironmanandy
12-10-2012, 11:04 PM
fierce tires actually seem to wear really well. I put a set on a jeep I sold and came back to me for upgrades. They never looked worn at all and they got driven every day. They are soft though. They tear easy on the trails.

4.3LXJ
12-10-2012, 11:04 PM
3" and 31" tires are a good combo

ironmanandy
12-10-2012, 11:07 PM
The less lift you have the fewer problems you will run into.
A

Tha_Rookie123
12-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I needed some more info on the tires since i personally had never heard of them. I wouldn't be going crazy with my off roading just hit some small trails every once in a while so i was hoping some people could relate.

bluedragon436
12-10-2012, 11:09 PM
The lower your lift the lower your CG as well, for those small trails.. Nothing wrong with keeping it low and taking it easy... Heck I take it easy on mine as mine is my DD... but I went for 7" of lift... and oh the fun issues that come from that height...

Tha_Rookie123
12-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah i was going with a 4.5 in. at first but the cost was just too much and had a lot of comments on it wouldn't look too appealing. I just thought 3 in wouldn't be over the top but still give me a solid look and some help on the trails.

bluedragon436
12-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Yeah 3" will def help you a bit... the 4.5" lifts are nice and what I started out with... but some XJ's require a SYE install to stop vibes after 4.5" of lift... but you could always go with a TC drop with the 4.5" temporarily too... if you did the 4.5" of lift you could run 32's.. But I think 3" of lift will be just fine... and you could always pick up some adj shackles and coil spacers if you decide you want just a little bit more lift than the 3" later down the road...

Tha_Rookie123
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM
I have thought about getting the spacers later on after everything is set and done so i might look into that more once it happens. And idk if your an expert on rims or if you know anyone who knows a thing or two on them but im still on edge on how xd hoss rims would look on a cherokee.. ive only really seen rockstars.

bluedragon436
12-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure how those rims would look honestly... are you looking at going with the black version or the chrome??

Tha_Rookie123
12-10-2012, 11:22 PM
definitly the black. i have a feeling it'll mostly be personal preferance but idk.

cantab27
12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
whats ya plans for ya jeep.....bigger tires more gas ,more strain on gear,..3ich lift with 31s if shes gonna be a dd and mild weekend wheeler

Tha_Rookie123
12-10-2012, 11:32 PM
yupp you got it.