PDA

View Full Version : Bad customer service

01xjcny
12-10-2012, 06:47 PM
I bought a gift certificate from a guy i work with for 50 bucks to have a (129 dollar) installed package from the a local shop . So my appointment was today, when i go to pick it up on the way home the A pillar trim was vibrating like crazy so when i got home only about 2 miles i looked at it and it was not attached at two of the clips and appeared broken to me so i took it back he brought it back in and did whatever and i go to drive it again this time its tight but even more noise so i turn right back around and they take it back in and this time the guy tells me not to grab on it has to dry, meaning he did break it and glued it. Would anyone else be satisfied with the repair or would you want it replaced. I left it at that for now but i not to satisfied knowing its glued and is does not look right the is a gap between the trim and the windshield of about 3/8 of a inch which was not there before and on the right side it is flush all the way down. Well with that said i want it fixed and will never go back

4.3LXJ
12-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't blame you. If they broke it, they should fix it even if they have to get new trim for you

Brasscatz
12-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I tend to agree. I had a 1980 Trans Am that a muffler shop set the back seat on fire while welding up new hangers... being a dumb kid, I opted for a new sound system instead of a new rear seat. It was only singed at the driveshaft hump, but I'd have done things differently if I was more mature. BTW, the sound system was a piece of shyte.

01xjcny
12-10-2012, 07:52 PM
i dont like complaining i tried to let them tell me they messed it up but no they glued it so what happens when i try to take it apart if i ever need to and the trim is messed up, will they fix it a few years down the road chances are no thats why i went right back and told them about it i am busy tomorrow but have to make time to stop in and tell them i want a new one. It does not even look good bowed in the middle and it just jumps out at me when i get in because i know it is broken

4.3LXJ
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
out of sight out of mind. Your warranty is only good till yesterday on that

01xjcny
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
so what is the trim piece called that runs from the front windshield over the door and ends at the left rear door and where can i find one, just so i am a little educated when i go and tell him i want it replace

4.3LXJ
12-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Send me a pic of what you mean. I am a little confused by your description.

01xjcny
12-11-2012, 01:30 PM
will try to see if i have a pic if not i will take one later but it the one that runs over the lf door and right down the windshield to the dash

01xjcny
12-11-2012, 01:55 PM
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj554/01xjcny/trim.jpg

prcjeep
12-11-2012, 02:08 PM
i think he's talking about the inner plastic that the oh shit handles screw through.... Runs from the dash up the apillar, then at the b- pillar it actually starts another piece(metal i think) that runs the rest of the way to the d pillar

01xjcny
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
yes the plastic they destroyed it just could not find where to look it up

4.3LXJ
12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah, Now I know what you are talking about. Those can be glued, but if you ever have to replace the headliner then you will be screwed unless you can find one to replace it. they loose the screws or something?

01xjcny
12-11-2012, 03:35 PM
dont think it screws in, there are clips back there that they broke the plastic that goes into the clip. They tried to glue it i guess but it does not sit where is suppose to now and it not in the same condition i took it to them in. It is flush at the top and is a gap of about 3/8 to 1/2 inch at the bottom of the trim and windshield

4.3LXJ
12-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I would complain more

Mudderoy
12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah, Now I know what you are talking about. Those can be glued, but if you ever have to replace the headliner then you will be screwed unless you can find one to replace it. they loose the screws or something?

I bet they tried to pop it off without taking the screws out! :rotfl2:

01xjcny
12-11-2012, 04:58 PM
i would have to look but dont think there is screw holes this is the driver side and there is no handle on that side. i will be stopping by on the way to work tomorrow to tell him i want it replaced and dont try the glue thing. I never plan to sell the jeep and who knows when if ever i will need to take it off maybe if i ever decide to put gauges or something. I would would not be so pissed if i did not find the broken myself

4.3LXJ
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Look closely, there are little plugs over the screws

Carves
12-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I bet they tried to pop it off without taking the screws out! :rotfl2:

That was my initial thought .. ;)

I would complain more

Take it back and tell em that their bodgy fix of the trim they broke is unsatisfactory ... and they have a fortnight to find you a pristine condition replacement ... or a new one.

.... and me being a cranky bastard ... I would push for new screws and the cover plugs as well .. :D

4x4Dalton
12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
There's a small round plug right at bout dash level and the other one is about 3/4 the way up the pillar.

Sent from my bulletproof iPhone using the Flapmyjaws app :)

01xjcny
12-11-2012, 05:44 PM
ok i will look in the morning i was able to just to pull the whole thing off there is 3 metal clips inside the trim that hold it on and all three clips are glued back onto the plastic no screws at all are holding it on at all was doing it by light of the phone so i will look again

DETOURS
12-12-2012, 07:20 PM
If this is an '01' there are NO screw hole caps to pull, you're dealing with metal retainers embedded into the trim......some of these fail when the clip embeds TOO far, from the factory.....
It's some what common, and sort of a design flaw by Chrysler....
Why was the trim removed??

01xjcny
12-12-2012, 08:24 PM
i guess to run the wire for the antenna