PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' to know my Cherokee

Oddball684
12-08-2012, 07:22 AM
What kind of extra wiring do I have to do for fog lights to my '01 if is doesn't have them currently? I am wanting to add them since they are not there, but curious what I will be getting into. There is no switch inside so I will have to cut a space for the toggle switch but what else?

4x4Dalton
12-08-2012, 08:48 AM
You can buy the light kits already with the wiring and toggle switch included. You can run te wiring through wiring holes in firewall to under dash and go from there to your toggle switch. Make sure to put the switch within reach cause it would be a pita to try to reach and drive lol.

Sent from my bulletproof iPhone using the Flapmyjaws app :)

cpttuna
12-08-2012, 09:00 AM
If you lack the expertise, I would go with a kit. You could google (wiring fog lights if you desire info so you could do it yourself.) You have more options if you do it yourself. They include gage of wire used, relay, and lighted as opposed to unlighted switch. the biggest factor is using a relay so the power does not go through the switch.

thesupercroc
12-08-2012, 10:02 AM
What kind of extra wiring do I have to do for fog lights to my '01 if is doesn't have them currently? I am wanting to add them since they are not there, but curious what I will be getting into. There is no switch inside so I will have to cut a space for the toggle switch but what else?

I am looking to do this as well. On mine i have at least the connector and wiring that leads out past the fire wall in the stock place so you might want to check if your has that.

You might if you it might be as simple as adding the wiring from the PDC to lights and a relay. or you might even be able to get a fog light harness from another XJ. But that is part speculation.