PDA

View Full Version : Shifter bezel

Splatterific
12-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I have 1999 sport and was going to change out the shifter bezel. How to heck do you get the t handle shifter handle off. I think I remember on my 95' something like put it in neutral squeeze and yank. That don't seem to be happening though.

thesupercroc
12-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Pull straight up no need to do any thing with the button.

Splatterific
12-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Sounds simple enough. Ill give it a shot. Thanks.

Brasscatz
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
You may have to pull pretty hard, but be careful... when it pops off, it pops off! I almost ended up in the back seat when mine popped off!

Splatterific
12-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Was thinking the same thing. Could picture punching myself in the face. Hum. Maybe I'll have my girl give it a shot. Lol

bluedragon436
12-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah I have played with mine a few times thinking about swapping out the bezel when the little slides were sticking... instead after it didn't come off very easily and I didn't want to knock myself out and into the back seat... I just pulled the bezel up and started using cleaning spray and wipes to clean them as much as possible... and was able to get them all moving again... so def be careful when you remove that shift knob...

4x4Dalton
12-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah I swapped the whole shifter in mine last week and had to pull the knob off ( the old one would pop off by itself lol) when I pulled it put up a fight then shot off like a rocket straight to my face lol. Thank god I learned at a early age that old sayin........"DUCK" :)

Sent from my bulletproof iPhone using the Flapmyjaws app :)

thesupercroc
12-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Yeap those shifters when they come off they seem to just fly off!

LizardRunner
12-11-2012, 03:55 PM
The one time I had to do that to the green lizard I used my puller kit, worked like a charm once I figured out where to brace it. I have all sorts of goodies in my puller kit, can pull just about anything now.