PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy it???

SeniorGustas
12-04-2012, 06:37 PM
My neighbor is selling his 1990 jeep cherokee pioneer with 120,000 miles on it. its been sitting for 5 years, he said it was running good when he parked it. he just didnt drive it because he bought a new rig. he told me the only thing he was missing was the battery. Soi brought the battery from my 1987 cherokee over and attempted to see if it would turn over and i got nothing. i did add about 5 gallons of fresh gas into it. You guys think it could be the starter and cylinoid? that happend to mine less then a month ago i parked it after wheeling one day and went to start it and absolutly nothing happend. I could still use my radio and my lights worked but it didnt turn over. Thers quiet a bit of mold in the interior but nothing that couldnt be cleaned up. Hes asking for $500 firm Think its a good investment? maybe for a clean up and resale? or maybe a chopped up wheeler? im going to take another look today please let me know what you guys think and your opinions. (PS there was light rust on the headers and around there but it was to bad)

Brasscatz
12-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Did you get any power to accessories at all when you put the battery in?

01xjcny
12-04-2012, 06:52 PM
well just about anything is worth 500 now a days considering he could scrap it and get about 400 so you cant go wrong

RTPG
12-04-2012, 07:05 PM
My neighbor is selling his 1990 jeep cherokee pioneer with 120,000 miles on it. its been sitting for 5 years, he said it was running good when he parked it.
If it's not beat up and you trust the neighbor... I would spray just a little starting fluid into it and if it sputtered like it "wanted" to start, I would buy it.

Also: If the motor is turning over it's probably not the starter or the solenoid.

Even with your battery in the Jeep, I would hook/jump a running vehicle to it just to make sure there is enough CCA going to the starter.

XJMJeep
12-04-2012, 11:57 PM
As long as it has a clean title you could easily double your money just by parting it out.
We both know what the prices are like in the Seattle area.
I wouldn't think twice about buying it, just do it!

RTPG
12-05-2012, 12:17 AM
As long as it has a clean title you could easily double your money just by parting it out.
We both know what the prices are like in the Seattle area.
I wouldn't think twice about buying it, just do it!
Agreed. :D

editedforsafety
12-05-2012, 07:42 AM
For $500, I would buy it. Very easy to get your money back on that even if it was a complete turd.

LizardRunner
12-05-2012, 08:18 AM
I'd buy it for 500 even if it didn't run. that's a cheep spare parts vehicle at the worst.

SeniorGustas
12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah, im going to buy it this weekend and see what i can do with it. Be a highschool junior 500 bucks is a couple pay checks but hoping to flip it and get a much bigger lift on my current jeep.