PDA

View Full Version : My 2000 XJ fixed finally!

nickxj94
12-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Well I have been having problems with my 00xj for 6 months and after alot of diagnosis reading on forums asking alot of questions its finally running great and cel is off and hasn't come on in a week :D my issues were engine missing and burning twice the gas getting only about 10 MPG my fixes were and I just didn't throw parts at it I diagnosed everything with the help of a friend and a ob2 reader and test light, first I replaced plugs and coil pack, tps, both o2 sensors and rewiring on a bunch of wires that were exposed rewired the cps it was shorted and two wires melted together then I replaced the turbine input trans sensor it was the reason I had no overdrive and main cause of 10 MPG, I have about $600.00 in new parts now and its running great next I have to replace the exhaust manifold it's cracked in two places, entire exhaust system is getting replaced and motor mounts and valve cover gasket since it leaks oil, I checked how good it's doing on gas and I figured up I'm averaged 17 MPG going to little rock Ar. This past weekend there and back I am happy and pleased with my XJ! Big thanks for everyone that helped me out from here at XJ TALK!

4.3LXJ
12-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Glad to see you got it up and running. I will have to store that bit about the speed sensor for future reference.

nickxj94
12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I haven't done this yet. Hopefully some new member will answer. I'd like to know to!

P0 715 was the code lol and it caused my overdrive not to engage sometimes