PDA

View Full Version : ABS question

01xjcny
12-03-2012, 06:34 PM
so looking to make some room under the hood. the abs does not work because i have the hub conversion so i was wondering if i can remove the abs pump and not mess up braking

01xjcny
12-04-2012, 03:58 PM
no opinions on this would i need to swap anything or is it just not worth it

prcjeep
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM
I dont have ABS so I didnt have this come up. Perhaps msmoorenburg may have some input as he has reworked his brakes recently

4.3LXJ
12-04-2012, 05:57 PM
I have heard of it being done since the ABS can give problems at times. I refrained from comment on this because I have never done it before. But I remember someone else doing it and they had some parts from non ABS systems to substitute. I think you need the proportioning valve under the master cylinder to start with

prcjeep
12-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I have heard of it being done since the ABS can give problems at times. I refrained from comment on this because I have never done it before. But I remember someone else doing it and they had some parts from non ABS systems to substitute. I think you need the proportioning valve under the master cylinder to start with

Yeah thats what matt(msmoorenburg) did. He replaced the whole brake booster w/ proportioning valve from a non abs parts jeep he had. IIRC also swapped the pedal too as it was different

01xjcny
12-04-2012, 06:10 PM
i will give it a better look tomorrow but there is a aluminum block it goes into not sure if it was before or after the pump