PDA

View Full Version : Rusty's Lift Kit w/ Wheels??

White98
11-30-2012, 08:29 PM
So I've been planning out my build, which includes a Hanson Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier (which has been on backorder for 5 weeks :thumbdown: ) a 3" lift and new wheels. While waiting for the bumper to arrive, I've been trying to figure out which lift and tire/ wheel combo to get, and just recently came across this: http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-suspension/jeep-suspension-lift-kits/xj-cherokee-84-01-jeep-suspension-lift-kits/rustys-xj-complete-cherokee-3-spring-pack-kit.html . The package has essentially everything I would need (except Control Arms) including the 31" MTZ's with the Allied Black Wheels..

So the reason I've put this up is to not only get an idea of the lift, but also to see what you all think about all of this coming in one package?? Seems a bit weird to get all this gear together in one buy.. but if the price makes sense, why not?

Thanks for the Help

4.3LXJ
11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Not a bad price for sure for full leaf packs. Watch out on shipping though. I hear if you order on the phone you get a break on their overpriced shipping

White98
11-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I now remember the beef people have with Rusty's.. I got the quote online and it'll run me $1400 + $380 shipping = $1780 (Private School Ed. at work).. I'll give 'em a call on Monday and see what I can get as far as shipping relief goes. Will report my findings.
Anyone else who has any word or experience with Rusty's, or about a pack like this, fire away.. Any input is appreciated

KH96XJ
12-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I have to wonder if the tires are already mounted. If Rusty's is shipping via freight you might call around and get a quote from place like Fedex LTL, this isn't the same as express but you can get their number from the Fedex website, or smaller freight outfit in your area. Most will a little charge less if it is going to a business if you have that option.

I had Rusty's 4" spring lift on my full size Cherokee many years ago. I didn't have any problems with it. Still fairly stiff after a few months of use, but nothing I couldn't live with. Then again it was leaf springs all the way around so pretty much any lift was going to be stiff.