PDA

View Full Version : Headliner help!

thesupercroc
11-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Greetings XJ talk!

At this point in my quest for a over head console I'm at a fork in the road. the choice before me is should I keep my headliner and cut it to fit the new console or get the headliner from the 1998 XJ that i got the other parts from.

If Get the 98 head that would mean no cutting and the console would feel at home. but i would have to remove the headline twice and be out $20

Or I could stay with the same headliner and cut up for free saving money and possibility some time. but if I mess up then Will need to the other head liner and ways.

So what do You think?

Mudderoy
11-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Greetings XJ talk!

At this point in my quest for a over head console I'm at a fork in the road. the choice before me is should I keep my headliner and cut it to fit the new console or get the headliner from the 1998 XJ that i got the other parts from.

If Get the 98 head that would mean no cutting and the console would feel at home. but i would have to remove the headline twice and be out $20

Or I could stay with the same headliner and cut up for free saving money and possibility some time. but if I mess up then Will need to the other head liner and ways.

So what do You think?

That's a tough one. I'd say spend the $20 but chances are good you'll be replacing the headliner soon on that 98 anyway.

It cost me about $100 to replace the headliner in the 1999.

thesupercroc
11-28-2012, 03:56 AM
That's a tough one. I'd say spend the $20 but chances are good you'll be replacing the headliner soon on that 98 anyway.

It cost me about $100 to replace the headliner in the 1999.

Yeah right now both of the headliners don't show any drooping.

When in the long term when I redo the headliner fabric it will be with a totally different color/pattern. right now I am thinking multicam but that is ways off.

4.3LXJ
11-28-2012, 10:35 AM
I would get the 98. $20 isn't that much and it will save you any frustrations

thesupercroc
11-29-2012, 09:44 PM
At this time I'm leaning toward the 98 headliner.

I would get a place for rear speakers.

No cutting.