PDA

View Full Version : New Virginia Member on XJ Talk! :-)

aquickmopar
11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Hey Guys and Gals, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tony, I from The Fredericksburg, V.A. Area. I'm not new to XJ's I've had mine for a few years. I'm on alot of the different Jeep and Cherokee Furoms. But just wanted to say Hello over here on XJTalk!

I own a 99 Cherokee Classic. Its utilizes a 6.5" Rubicon Express Short Arm Lift & Drop Brackets. With 33X12.50's on 15X8 Mickey Thompson Classic II's. And alot of extras & Armor.

Here's a few Pics.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/aquickmopar/111212210933.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/aquickmopar/111212211948.jpg

Mudderoy
11-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey Guys and Gals, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tony, I from The Fredericksburg, V.A. Area. I'm not new to XJ's I've had mine for a few years. I'm on alot of the different Jeep and Cherokee Furoms. But just wanted to say Hello over here on XJTalk!

I own a 99 Cherokee Classic. Its utilizes a 6.5" Rubicon Express Short Arm Lift & Drop Brackets. With 33X12.50's on 15X8 Mickey Thompson Classic II's. And alot of extras & Armor.

Here's a few Pics.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/aquickmopar/111212210933.jpg

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x354/aquickmopar/111212211948.jpg

:welcome: to :xjtalk:. I think we all belong to all the Cherokee sites! :D Thanks for dropping by and especially for the pictures!

aquickmopar
11-13-2012, 11:49 AM
No prob. Just figured I'd check out this site. I'm mostly over at CF. But starting to venture out more on some of the others. Lol.

4.3LXJ
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome Tony

Mudderoy
11-13-2012, 12:03 PM
No prob. Just figured I'd check out this site. I'm mostly over at CF. But starting to venture out more on some of the others. Lol.

I think over 50% of the staff here either had a temp or perm ban from CherokeeForum.com :D Actually I think it was only two, but still... lol

Seems someone is buying up the Cherokee sites. I've heard some grumblings from the CherokeeTalk members after the purchase of that site.

Not to bore you, but this site was actually started when I didn't like the way members of the various sites were treated. I felt you should be able to ask a question, stupid or not, and get treated with respect, oh and an answer. I mean we all had to learn this stuff. No one was born with knowledge and experience. Okay off the soap box...

aquickmopar
11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Welcome Tony

Thanks 4.3LXJ

I think over 50% of the staff here either had a temp or perm ban from CherokeeForum.com :D Actually I think it was only two, but still... lol

Seems someone is buying up the Cherokee sites. I've heard some grumblings from the CherokeeTalk members after the purchase of that site.

Not to bore you, but this site was actually started when I didn't like the way members of the various sites were treated. I felt you should be able to ask a question, stupid or not, and get treated with respect, oh and an answer. I mean we all had to learn this stuff. No one was born with knowledge and experience. Okay off the soap box...

Hey I hear ya on that one. That's why I don't post on a few of them. Just do my research and reading on those. Some people can be real D***'* out there.

Ya I was banned from CF for like a month because some,... well you know,... was being a jerk towards another member and I stepped up and told him to cut it out and they banned me but he kept on doing what he did best. I think on some of the forums if you've been there for X amount of years and have a realy high post count the moderators will favor you over another member.

I really like it where someone can come and ask a question like you said and not get Flamed for it because there a newbie. Hey we were all Newb's at one point. We weren't born with the Jeep knowledge like you said. It may be a dumb question to the more experienced, but to the Newb its a logical question that needs answered.

4.3LXJ
11-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I had a little trouble there too, but that is in the past. I have posted a few times since and those that bothered me have not since. This place is home though due to the friendly atmosphere here. We work hard to keep it that way too.

Mudderoy
11-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks 4.3LXJ

Hey I hear ya on that one. That's why I don't post on a few of them. Just do my research and reading on those. Some people can be real D***'* out there.

Ya I was banned from CF for like a month because some,... well you know,... was being a jerk towards another member and I stepped up and told him to cut it out and they banned me but he kept on doing what he did best. I think on some of the forums if you've been there for X amount of years and have a realy high post count the moderators will favor you over another member.

I really like it where someone can come and ask a question like you said and not get Flamed for it because there a newbie. Hey we were all Newb's at one point. We weren't born with the Jeep knowledge like you said. It may be a dumb question to the more experienced, but to the Newb its a logical question that needs answered.

Oh, now I need to add that we don't beat up on those people that are jerks. We just contact them via PM and edit their posts. Every member is important here and it's very seldom that we have any issues with anyone. Like Steve said it's the atmosphere.

aquickmopar
11-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Ya since that incident I just don't even reply back to those kinda people. I just ignore them and go about my business. So you don't have to worry about that from me. If I do see something i'll make the notation to report it but won't get involved anymore. Glad to hear though this site is mostly Jerk free then. Lol

Mudderoy
11-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Ya since that incident I just don't even reply back to those kinda people. I just ignore them and go about my business. So you don't have to worry about that from me. If I do see something i'll make the notation to report it but won't get involved anymore. Glad to hear though this site is mostly Jerk free then. Lol

Oh no, you misunderstood. There's lots of jerks, including me, we just behave. :rolleye0012: :beer:

aquickmopar
11-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Oh no, you misunderstood. There's lots of jerks, including me, we just behave. :rolleye0012: :beer:

Lol,... ok now im understanding.

I'm also pretty stoked that Ironman Andy does alot of his business on here. Im a BIG FAN of his work. I have a few items from him already but need alot more. Lol. He's not on much of the other Forums. I mean he is but just not often.

Mudderoy
11-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Lol,... ok now im understanding.

I'm also pretty stoked that Ironman Andy does alot of his business on here. Im a BIG FAN of his work. I have a few items from him already but need alot more. Lol. He's not on much of the other Forums. I mean he is but just not often.

Yeah we don't have him here as much as we like, but I suspect he wouldn't get as much work done as he does if he hung out here more.

I have his upper and lowers on my XJ and have a full set of uppers for my wife's TJ, still have to install them. I'll get full set of lower's later but the fixed RC lowers are better than the stamped metal that was there.

I'm trying to get Andy to be a guest on our podcast, XJ TALK SHOW!

He's agreed just trying to get him to slow down long enough to do an interview...

aquickmopar
11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
That's cool. I have his adjustable Trac Bar that he custom made me to fit into my RE Frame mount, and I have his motor mounts and rear shackles. I held off getting his upper and lowers because I want to get his long arm kit.

4x4Dalton
11-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the site man. I'm originally from Va myself. Moved to Texas bout 4 months ago. Lived down southern Va close to N.C. We all here are one big family that's why we all get along with each other so good. Might seem disfunctional at times but that's what makes this one of if not the best Jeep site. No bashing on anyone or anything like that. So again welcome and don't just sit back and watch jump on in and have a blast.

XJ Wheeler
11-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Hey Tony, welcome to xjTalk. We here... try to just have... with some knowledgeable stuff mixed in. Now who wants to get the green jeep thing started?;)