PDA

View Full Version : High Mileage Club

Kirt
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Two weeks ago I photographed my '96 Cherokee Country rolling over to 350,000 miles. I'll try to figure out how to upload the photo, along with my otherwise ordinary looking XJ.

I bought this XJ from its original owner with 340,000 miles. I believe it is the factory engine and drivetrain.

It's a bit rough, but everything on it works ( including the rear window washer ), and I love getting it muddy out in the Tennessee hills.

I'm not a radical rock climber. I like reopening back roads by clearing the 36" diameter tree that makes everyone else turn around.

NW99XJ
11-09-2012, 12:09 PM
WOW!!!! Outstanding!
I'm not quite to 220k yet (I think...been a while since I looked tho)
350k is awesome!
Gotta love the 4.0L !!!!!
Who's gonna beat this?!?!?!
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!!

4.3LXJ
11-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm not a radical rock climber. I like reopening back roads by clearing the 36" diameter tree that makes everyone else turn around.

Nothing wrong with that. Personally I like it all. I cut my teeth on Pacific NW mud and sand. Still love it. But here we have rocks and very little mud. So that is what I do most. However I will make it back up there to some good old winter mud. It is all good. Rock crawling has a good spectator draw because it looks more dramatic with the suspension getting all twisted up. But if your Jeep is just something to have fun, that is all that matters.