PDA

View Full Version : Turn signals not working

ColoradoKid727
11-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Hey all,

My turn signals started freaking out and now they hardly work at all and when they do it is only for one blink and then nothing. The hazards work fine and the blinkers do work whenever they want to. I think it must be the turn signal switch, but just wanted to make sure. Also, if it is the turn signal switch I wanted to know if anybody knew of a good link on how to change it out. I don't have too much experience, but am a quick learner since and have been getting more and more experience the past 6 months when everything started to go bad. Except for the electrical of course, which started going awhile ago.

Thanks much for any help in advance.
Cheers.

4.3LXJ
11-06-2012, 10:31 PM
If they blink once and not again, check to see that all bulbs work. If one is not working the flasher will not flash.

LizardRunner
11-07-2012, 10:30 AM
If it isn't a bulb issue, then it most likely is in the switch. Could just be a wire problem instead of the whole switch being bad. The change out isn't terribly hard. Here's a Youtube on doing it. www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIQ57wj9gk

XJ Wheeler
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Guys, could his issue be the flasher? Don't know why, but when i hear turn signal issue the flasher always pops in my mind.

4.3LXJ
11-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I think I said that

ColoradoKid727
11-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks all for the help guys,

All the hazards work so I don't think it is a bulb issue. How would I know if it is the flasher? And thanks for the youtube link. I know what I will most likely be doing this weekend.

4.3LXJ
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I am reasonably sure it is the flasher. They are cheap.

XJ Wheeler
11-07-2012, 09:16 PM
I think I said that

Okay, i had read it that you said a blown bulb would cause the flasher to do that. I meant that a problematic flasher could be the issue. I have a feeling we're both on the same track but using different methods of getting there.;)

BlueXJ
11-07-2012, 11:11 PM
No one mentioned the grounds. Mine is an older version but a ground in my steering column went bad and it had to be fished in and replaced the OEM ground wire and the signals have worked well ever since.
Just a thought!!!!!