PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

xjfrank
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I have a 96 xj auto and a 88 5spd w/ba10/5 i want to switch these around.both trans work well i like a manual better.will the pedal assembly work and will the cranksensor pickup work withe early flywheel or do i need a late fly wheel?thanks for any info

4.3LXJ
11-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I think you need a later flywheel to work properly. But even so, that BA10 tranny is not a good tranny to use. The AX15 is a much better choice. The Peugeot tranny is known to be weak and prone to failure.

xjfrank
11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
this trans is new rebuilt done by me.not trying to spend money on this !! alot of people are still running this. i agree ax15 is much better but ive got this one. how about a late 6spd!!!

4.3LXJ
11-04-2012, 05:12 PM
I think someone posted that question and we never came to a consensus. Personally, I know almost nothing about that transmission. BUT If I have pics and specs on the bell housing as it relates to a 4.0 and output shaft spline count and rear bolt pattern, which should be the same, then I could probably answer that question. One other thing to consider is how the tcase would be clocked. I think most of those will come out of a wrangler of some sort with the case clocked much higher. Call Advance Adapters. I think they could answer that question for you.