PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Ouachita Jeep Jamboree

RVXJ
10-30-2012, 09:53 AM
We just returned from Hot Springs, Sunday. Had a great time @ Superlift OHV park Fri. & Sat. Was put in the green group due to 30" tires, no lockers, etc. I thought this was going to be a sight seeing trip! Boy was I wrong. The guides tested us on Fri morning and then it was on! I didn't know our little XJ could go through what it did. It was a blast. Had to use my winch once on Fri. and once on Sat. Rear diff was a draggin. I learned a lot though. I need to go larger tires, sway bar disconnects, add lockers, probably a higher lift to start. I still need to keep it road worthy as we have to drive it a ways to 4wheel it.
We put about 2k miles on the Jeep going to North Ark. and back down to the Jamboree with no major issues. Although it does leave a little larger mark after it's parked. Tough little bugger. Will post some pics in a few days.

4.3LXJ
10-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Sounds like you had fun. Yep, now you are going to spend money and have even more fun. They are surprisingly tough

TimmyTXJ
10-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Looking forward to those pics!

LizardRunner
10-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Superlift has a way of bringing out the dollars. I'd recomend at least a 6" lift with long arms for the up in the air part. Don't forget some rocker guards and frame stiffners, if you don't already have them.

nickxj94
10-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Glad you had fun! I won tickets to the event but had to cancel for lack of funds to get there so give them to the next person in line

RVXJ
10-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Superlift has a way of bringing out the dollars. I'd recomend at least a 6" lift with long arms for the up in the air part. Don't forget some rocker guards and frame stiffners, if you don't already have them.

LizardRunner,
Me thinks that's a bit too high. I'm scared of hights! I currently have an Old Man Emu 2.5" lift with 30" tires. Thinking of going either 32's or 33's and see if I can add 1-1.5" to my current lift.
My wife won a free set (4) of Goodyear tires at the Jamboree! The certificate says 4 passenger or Light truck tires. I'm thinking a 32" or 33" MT/R would be considered a "light truck" tire. We'll see what Goodyear says.:beer:

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2012, 11:01 PM
My wife won a free set (4) of Goodyear tires at the Jamboree! The certificate says 4 passenger or Light truck tires. I'm thinking a 32" or 33" MT/R would be considered a "light truck" tire. We'll see what Goodyear says.:beer:

CONGRATULATIONS! And yes, they are considered a light truck tire.