PDA

View Full Version : Tickets!

SeniorGustas
10-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Post your crziest ticket experience here. i got pulled over today for not having mud flaps on my fairly stock xj. i drive around my six inch lifted xj with cut fender wheel spacers and 35x 12.5 all the time without problems. I got a laugh today and would love to hear more! :beer: :happy0180:

4.3LXJ
10-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Almost got one one time. My W300 (one tone) Power Wagon broke down with over a cord of wood on the back of it. It was a beast with D70 axles front and rear and truck tires on it. So I called the only person I could think of who was fresh out of tow vehicles. So he came and towed me home with his Chevy Vega down the interstate. The cop stopped us and was trying to give me a ticket for lifted vehicle etc. But no dice. We weren't breaking any laws.

cpttuna
10-29-2012, 07:48 PM
the day after I got married. I was supposedly doing 41 in a 35 zone. The cop looked about 75. The cop asked me if I knew I was speeding. I looked at him, then at my wife and told him I had just gotten married. He took a look at my wife and said, " spend a little more time watching the speedometer."

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Nope, never been pulled over... while i was driving.

junglejuice
10-30-2012, 01:17 AM
I got a speed camera ticket once when I was doing 99 in a 100 zone, ticket reckoned I was doing 111!!!!

JJ

msmoorenburg
10-30-2012, 06:53 AM
I had a blower motor resistor go out and the air box had a few "old maple leaves in it". Well I got popped going 55 in a 40 the day after it went. The cop yanked me out of the car and tore into me asking what was I smoking and can I search the truck. I said go for it but he smell is the resistor and the leaves. He still didn't believe me so I said go ask the wife. So he did and she pulled the resistor out of the console and handed it to him. A quick sniff and he got all nice but not nice enough to skip the speeding ticket.

LizardRunner
10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Funniest I ever had was being pulled over for 125 mph in a vw campmobile. asked the officer to take the speed of a tree and his radar said the tree was doing 55 mph. So, being the kind of guy I am, I said "do you really want to give me that ticket now?" and as he handed me the book to sign he said "Yeah smart ass I do". I requested he make a note on the ticket of the radar test results, which he did to get me to sign it. I went to court over this ticket and the Judge told the officer "while you are highly reguarded as a trained observer, you seem to have failed to believe your own observation, written in your account, of a faulty radar device, which you documented on this ticket. Case Dismissed !"

nickxj94
10-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I got pulled over once after I left the local mudhole cop said I had no tag or running lights in the rear I ask him if I could see for my self I went to the back and wiped the mud off and said there working now Lol! He let me go with a warning and told me to wash it

xj4life2
10-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Ok so I was on the 605 fwy in so cal in my 1971 521 nissan truck when a Porsche came up next to to me and reved his engine. Yes mine was very built so I down shift from 5th to third hit the juice and put down 60 feet of rubber leaving the Porscheto catch up. Well he did and then passed me (mine was a quarter miler) then the lights came on he nailed the Porsche and flaggged me over. I sat for thirty min or so sweating bullets he ticketed the Porsche and then came back to me. He asked what the heck I had under the hood so I showed him. It was the L16 block but with a few mods and on the bottle. I was completely honest about everything. He then looked at me and said "get off my fwy and never let me see this thing again except on the track" I said what? He replied that if he went before a judge and said he clocked a 71 521 Datsun at 140+ they take his badge. I left and never drove that fwy in that truck again.

nickxj94
10-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Hahahaha! That's funny ^^^^

OrangeXJ
10-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Over 30 years ago I had a K5 Blazer one summer holliday a group of us went to a lake out side of Austin Tx. to camp. As we were driving around I saw an interesting looking hill. Put it in 4 low and off I went. My girl frind now wife screaming stop this sob I want out. Well I high centered and got stuck she bailed. What I did not know was that was the back side if the dam with signs about every 100 feet saying no driving on the dam. Went in the middle of 2 of them and did not see them. Then the police show up. The cop let a friend of ours with a 4x4 go up and un stick me. At the bottom the cop walks up with ticket book in hand. At this point in my life I worked full time as a Houston Fireman and a part time police officer. He asked to see my licese Which I kept in my police ID with badge then showed him my HFD ID. He starts writing me a ticket Thats when I reminded him it was an un writen law you don't write a cop or fireman a ticket unless they were really screwing up. This is when the battle of words started. He handed me the ticket book and I handed it back to him. He looked at it I did not sign it. He gave it back he was really frusterated now he must have thought I signed it that time pulled my copy and threw it in the window. I was pissed my wife picked the ticket off the floor as we were driving off read it and starting laughing saying look at this you did not sign it. waded it up chuncked out the window never heard any thing about it.

OrangeXJ
10-30-2012, 05:23 PM
The sorryiest tickit I got was when I was a mechanic in the naterual gass business. I was on my last night on call got off call at midnight. Got a call at 10:30 pm tryed to talk the customer to wait another hour and a half and call it in again explaining what the deal was. no go so off I went for a 3 hour drive to the unit. It's now about 12:30am got pulled over in a small town for doing 37 in a 35. So the cop was writing the ticket I asked him to look at my DOB it was now my birthday he handed me the ticket and said happy birthday. What an a hole. And btw I worked all night did not get home till about 9am slept most of my bd on top of the ticket

Brasscatz
10-30-2012, 07:46 PM
The very first ticket I got was on my 17th birthday. I bought my 1980 Trans Am literally 2 days prior. I was on my way to Six Flags and a motorcycle cop pulled me over.... I wasn't speeding. He asked where I was going and I said I was going to Six Flags for my birthday. He asked how long my car had been this loud, I told him I bought the car 2 days ago and it still had Oklahoma tags on it. He told me I had pipes hanging down under my car and handed me my ticket. I didn't know anything about cars at that point, and sure enough my drivers side exhaust pipe disconnected behind the cat. I just thought it sounded good! I fixed it up and got it inspected and the "excessive noise" ticket was dismissed. What a jerk of a cop!

Another time I got pulled over in the Trans Am, I was going through a school zone and my speedo didn't work. I usually just went with the flow of traffic, but I was the only car around. I got pulled over doing 30 in the 20, but I told the cop that I was restoring it and the speedo didn't work. He told me to just try and stay with the flow of traffic when possible and that he would like to see the car when I was done restoring it! No ticket... nice cop!

Once leaving highschool in said Trans Am, (starting to see a trend from 10 years ago with this TA lol) it was cold outside and my motor wouldn't stay running so I was revving the engine. A cop pulled in behind me at a stop light and my car died in front of him twice. He gave me a ticket for revving my engine and called it "exhibition of acceleration". Another jerk cop that didn't know anything about cars.

Another time when I took my 87 Chevy muddin. A couple of cops drove up into the park and told us we couldn't be there. (This wasn't true, but he was trying to scare some kids). He searched our vehicles, frisked us, and asked how we knew we were allowed there. I told him that it was a public place and there were no hours of operation nor a curfew, so we were there. That is a long story short, but he let us go since I knew the rules better than he thought I did. I just can't stand cops that have an attitude. I just can't help but have an attitude back! I am the nicest person in the world, but if you come at me like a jerk, you're getting jerk right back no matter if you're the president of the U.S., or if you're a regular person...

Joliet Johnny
10-30-2012, 08:28 PM
I once got pulled over for drag racing. I was not speeding or accelerating fast and there were no cars on the road. I was in the area we used to race. He threatened to impound my car, I got away with a verbal warning.