PDA

View Full Version : Welcome hlsng5!!!

bluedragon436
10-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi hlsng5, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

hlsng5
10-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello, Hlsng5 here.

I just bought a 1996 XJ 2WD for my 16 yr. old son as his first car...problem is I think I like it more than him! So I have been spending alot of time online learning about XJ's and found XJ talk, very cool. What I really like the fact that there is this community of people helping each other out - it is a big help for a first timer!

I am planning on blacking out the factory steel wheels - adding a KOR light bar and a more aggressive exhaust, maybe glasspacks. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks, happy to be here!

Mudderoy
10-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello, Hlsng5 here.

I just bought a 1996 XJ 2WD for my 16 yr. old son as his first car...problem is I think I like it more than him! So I have been spending alot of time online learning about XJ's and found XJ talk, very cool. What I really like the fact that there is this community of people helping each other out - it is a big help for a first timer!

I am planning on blacking out the factory steel wheels - adding a KOR light bar and a more aggressive exhaust, maybe glasspacks. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanks, happy to be here!

The other admin on here has turned 2 (or will be doing the 2nd soon) from a 2wd to a 4wd. Just saying.... :D

:welcome: to :xjtalk:

4.3LXJ
10-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Welcome Tim. There is a world of things you can do to these Jeeps. What do you have in mind?

hlsng5
10-27-2012, 10:49 AM
I am trying to "man up" this xj due to the teal color. My 16 yr old son loves the jeep not the color so I am adding the light bar painting oem steel wheels black, taking off the red accent side molding and painting that area flat black. Then the plan is to upgrade exhaust, maybe glass packs. Trying to do all this without spending too much, it is a 16 yr old vehicle w 181K miles. I would welcome any advice. Would have liked to add lights to front bumper ideas?

4.3LXJ
10-27-2012, 10:52 AM
16 years is not bad for a Jeep. Mine is 25 and counting. They will go 300K if you are nice to them. Lights are nice. You can get them from cheap to light up the universe. When you get them, be sure to ask us about wiring them in.

XJ Wheeler
10-28-2012, 04:52 AM
Hey Tim, welcome to xjTalk. Sounds like a fun project.

Dredwolf
10-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Welcome to XJTalk!

These kinds of projects are a great way to spend time with one's children, I enjoy the time spent with my son on our vehicles. My son helps with the "heavy lifting" on my XJ, and I, in turn, help him with his F150 and teach all I can. He has found out that T18's are heavy, and bleeding the slave cylinder is best done by listening to Dad instead of getting impatient and having to do it twice :rolleye0012:

cantab27
10-28-2012, 10:17 PM
welcome tim...