PDA

View Full Version : Good Fortune

White98
10-26-2012, 12:12 PM
A couple days ago I was driving through campus, and while waiting at a stop sign, I was rear-ended by a mom in a minivan. I'd say she was going about 15 mph when she made contact with the hitch and middle-right side of my rear bumper. I wasn't injured at all (except for an unexplained, shooting pain in my neck :rolleyes: ), and her Honda got the worst of it. She said she had just looked down for a couple seconds and lost track of what was going on, which I sort-of understand. ANYWAY, we exchanged information and her insurance company called 30 minutes later accepting full liability and offered to replace the bumper after inspection. I omitted the replacement and asked just for a check for the damages, because it turns out I had ordered a Hanson Bumper + Tire-carrier Combo a couple weeks ago :D . Pending inspection on Monday, which may never come thanks MD-dooming path the 'FrankinStorm' is on, I'll have a nice little check to put toward the pricey bumper I had already ordered. Will post pics of the boned-bumper later..

So with Zero Sarcasm: To the Mom in the Minivan, Thank You..

Anyone else have good fortune like this?

4.3LXJ
10-26-2012, 12:36 PM
The perfect situation

XJ Wheeler
10-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Similar happenings. Back in '01 my mom was going down a two-lane in her '93 ZJ and came to a cross street when a Honda Accord ran the stop sign and my mom hit the back corner of this women's car. Anyway, long story short. Insurance company declared the ZJ totaled and settled. We bought it back and fixed it. The jeep had a little flimsy brush guard in place over the stock bumper. It came out that to replace the stock bumper at $300 and the brush guard at $300 we could get an ARB bullbar for just over $600. So thats what happened.