PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Thatsmydawg!!!

bluedragon436
10-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi Thatsmydawg, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

Thatsmydawg
11-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Hello everyone. I sold a Tahoe I had which is one of 4 vehicles I own. Sold the Tahoe because a buddy have me a free 91 xj. Figured it would save on gas. It does but I feel everything is going wrong at once. I like te keep a lot but I have a very bad case of death wobble I replaced everything but the control arms an the gearbox. An I still have death wobble. Second I have this weird problem when cold. No spark no fuel I mess with the computer, the wiring harness an out of no where I'll hear a high pitch squeal from the computer an I wait a min an it'll start hard but it will start. Seems I put a heat light above the computer it'll start easier. Any ideas? Thanks

bigjim350
11-02-2012, 10:40 PM
When you replaced front end parts, did you replace the trackbar? Thats the most common cause of death wobble. 2nd would be un-balanced tires. As far as the ecm goes, sounds like that is the problem. See if you can "borrow" one from a buddy or junkyard to see if that is for sure the problem. Oh and welcome to the site.

XJ Wheeler
11-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the site, Ben. Hope we can help ya out with ya issues.

Thatsmydawg
11-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Yup replaced track bar, steering stabilizer, all the rod ends , an the pitman arm. I'll get DW from unbalanced tires? When I did all the front end work I counted how many turns the old parts came out an eyes in the frot tires to the backs an it's dead nuts. Steering wheel is centered an it doesn't pull or screech the tires when I turn. Sometimes it seems worse the. Other times. An as far as the ecu if I turn the key on not running an font hear the pump I won't have fuel or spark. I've replaced the fuel pump relay an the auto shutdown relay. If j jumper the fuel pump the pump will work. So turn the key kn don't hear anything shut the key off an font even try it. Sometimesnoll hear a high pitch noise from the computer. If I hear that noise when the keys off I can start it within a few try's an of I hear that noise the pump will turn on an it's hard to start sometimes it'll be really rough. If j don't hear anything I'll let it sit or mess with everything. The relays, battery wire, plugs by the battery an randomly I'll get fuel pimp when I turn the key. My guess ecu but it's 185 plus 70 core an I don't have money to go buy a new computer. No one I know has a jeep or know anything about jeeps. Thanks guys

bigjim350
11-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Your ECU shouldnt make any sounds. As far as unbalanced tires go, yes they could cause DW. Also check your alignment. The toe-in should be 0-1/8" You can check this with a tape measure