PDA

View Full Version : 2" lift for a bud and now it has an issue???

ezbuzzsaw
10-20-2012, 06:38 PM
I have done many lifts on XJ's and TJ's, but this is a first, we put a 2" budget boost in a friend's XJ last week end Blocks in rear and a set of my old used RE 3" springs in front. All went well easy lift done in under 2 hours. So he comes over this morning and says when he engages 4WD it locks up??? So I went for a low speed drive with him and sure enough that is what it does. Says it never did it before, so I am sure it is the linkage and all looks good there. This time I have him drive and I get out and watch. He starts rolling forwards and the passenger rear tire locks up for 6" every 3 to 4 feet. When I take it out of 4WD it wont come out of 4WH so I put it in reverse and it pops out and is fine in 2WD. So what can make the rear only lock up while in 4WH???? Please give me your thoughts about this...
Thanks!:confused:

bigjim350
10-21-2012, 02:17 AM
The only thing i could think of would be the linkage. Or maybe the E-brake cable is being streched and cause it to bind, but that would be in any gear. Or perhaps the driveshaft u-joint is binding enough to cause the dragging rear.

nickxj94
10-21-2012, 01:29 PM
The only thing i could think of would be the linkage. Or maybe the E-brake cable is being streched and cause it to bind, but that would be in any gear. Or perhaps the driveshaft u-joint is binding enough to cause the dragging rear.

X2 on ebrake I had to relocate mine cause I added 2 in blocks and a aal on the rear.

Sandman4182
10-24-2012, 06:54 AM
X2 on ebrake I had to relocate mine cause I added 2 in blocks and a aal on the rear.

I know it most likely doesnt make a difference but what year is it.

Like Nickxj94 said I also did the same with a 2" lift block and a AAL but I did not relocate my e-brake. I'm thinking linkage.