PDA

View Full Version : Welcome vr4operator!!!

BlueXJ
10-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi vr4operator, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

vr4operator
10-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks!

I'm an avid car guy with a daughter who LOVES Cherokees. She had a 2000 and was rear ended last week, resulting in a total loss. Bought a '99 yesterday and now I want one, lol. Anyway, I do all the maintenance and upkeep on all of vehicles and since the Jeep is new to me, will have a lot of questions. I know many cars have particular issues and needs specific to them.

I asked a few questions yesterday and got a bunch of great responses. And being someone who has been on many forums with my different cars, i was impressed with how friendly everyone was. I didn't get flamed once!

Thanks,
Butch

xj4life2
10-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Glad you found us and as for flaming .......:happybirthday: this is as much flame as we allow !!!

Mudderoy
10-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks!

I'm an avid car guy with a daughter who LOVES Cherokees. She had a 2000 and was rear ended last week, resulting in a total loss. Bought a '99 yesterday and now I want one, lol. Anyway, I do all the maintenance and upkeep on all of vehicles and since the Jeep is new to me, will have a lot of questions. I know many cars have particular issues and needs specific to them.

I asked a few questions yesterday and got a bunch of great responses. And being someone who has been on many forums with my different cars, i was impressed with how friendly everyone was. I didn't get flamed once!

Thanks,
Butch

Sorry to hear about the 2000, I hope your daughter is okay. If it's not too late and you have the room I'd see what it would take to buy the 2000 from the insurance company, then you could part it out. The engine alone would bring $400. Just a thought.

Yep, we really only have one rule here and it's we don't tell people to search for information, that question has been asked many times before, etc... In other words we respect each other. Sure we give each other a hard time but everyone keeps it friendly.

:welcome: to :xjtalk: :D

vr4operator
10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Sorry to hear about the 2000, I hope your daughter is okay. If it's not too late and you have the room I'd see what it would take to buy the 2000 from the insurance company, then you could part it out. The engine alone would bring $400. Just a thought.

Yep, we really only have one rule here and it's we don't tell people to search for information, that question has been asked many times before, etc... In other words we respect each other. Sure we give each other a hard time but everyone keeps it friendly.

:welcome: to :xjtalk: :D

Again, thanks! I had def thought about buying it back, until I found out it was towed over 90 miles away. BTW, I like yer rules!

Thanks!

XJ Wheeler
10-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey Butch, welcome to xjTalk.

I've been on a few forums as well and as you've noticed this place is special. Everyone shows each other respect and that's all we expect in return. Stupid questions don't exist here, ask away and well do our best to give you the best answer. There's literally been times when members (myself included) have searched for hours to find answers to someone else's question. Sure, you'll see some comments/remarks but its all in fun. We're all friends here.

Now, when ya getting that cherokee you want?