PDA

View Full Version : Lift Kit

Braedaden
10-15-2012, 01:02 PM
If i purchase a new 4.5 inch lift kit for my jeep.. Can i make it a 6 inch lift with my 6 inch lift coils? And what else would i need?

Mudderoy
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
If i purchase a new 4.5 inch lift kit for my jeep.. Can i make it a 6 inch lift with my 6 inch lift coils? And what else would i need?

All I know is Rough Country. Rough Country has a 4.5" lift and a 6.5" lift. The difference is the coils and 1"/2" (adjustable) shackles in the rear. So I have a 4.5" lift, all I would need to do is swap out the coils.

Now with that said, I also have adjustable control arms and adjustable track bar. You have to have a way to get the geometry in line as you go higher. Also I have a SYE installed.

bigjim350
10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
It depends on the control arms. If they are adjustable then yeah you can, if not, you axle may not be centered in the wheel well. Also most 4.5" lifts dont come with a drop pitman arm, but for a 6" lift one is recommended.

4.3LXJ
10-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I am glad to see you are using full coils for this. However you will decrease your castor angle, which can cause death wobble unless you have control arms the proper length for that height, and also your ride will be harsh. The best thing is to go to long arms above 4.5". Also you will need appropriate shocks and you can use extended shackles in the rear to get the height there

bigjim350
10-16-2012, 12:25 AM
The ride really isnt that harsh on short arms. I equate it with the same ride as a stock hieght 4wd with front leafs like a old chevy truck. Rough yes, but not that bad.