PDA

View Full Version : P0715 code??

nickxj94
10-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Need some help I still got a code that pops up after I clear codes with my ob2 reader I just replaced both o2 sensors and the tps, also found some wires shorted together have not found what they go to yet but they run to the harness for the trans sensor, but anyway the po715 "turbine sensor"? I have Googled it and can't really get a straight answer should I just replace the trans input sensor or not worry about it my trans shifts ok most times other times feels like it has a shift kit and will bark the tires when put in gear from park lol, jeep is running good so far only drove a couple miles but have no o2 codes anymore woohoo! Maybe now it will get its fuel milage back!? Any input will be appreciated thanks Nick!

Mudderoy
10-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Need some help I still got a code that pops up after I clear codes with my ob2 reader I just replaced both o2 sensors and the tps, also found some wires shorted together have not found what they go to yet but they run to the harness for the trans sensor, but anyway the po715 "turbine sensor"? I have Googled it and can't really get a straight answer should I just replace the trans input sensor or not worry about it my trans shifts ok most times other times feels like it has a shift kit and will bark the tires when put in gear from park lol, jeep is running good so far only drove a couple miles but have no o2 codes anymore woohoo! Maybe now it will get its fuel milage back!? Any input will be appreciated thanks Nick!

Did you see this one? :link: (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/p0715-input-turbine-shaft-speed-sensor-help-1206849/)

Also are you searching for P0715 or PO 715? Cause it's a zero, not the letter "O". I did a search for "P0715 Jeep 4.0"

nickxj94
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Did you see this one? :link: (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/p0715-input-turbine-shaft-speed-sensor-help-1206849/)

Also are you searching for P0715 or PO 715? Cause it's a zero, not the letter "O". I did a search for "P0715 Jeep 4.0"

Yeah I searched PO lol not p0, I did see this link mine shifts hard when cold then smoothes out when it warms up I bit the bullet and ordered the sensor hopefully it fixes the issue I spent about 2hrs underneath it last night tracing wires, I did find my cps wires were shorted to each other its a wonder the thing was even running I cut them spliced them back together then taped them up good. Didn't find any other wires shorted or freyed. On another note since replacing both o2 sensors and tps it is running better and seems to be getting better gas milage but only put 20 miles on it so far. Still having heat soak issues but I'm thinking about neon injector swap after Christmas.

Mudderoy
10-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah I searched PO lol not p0, I did see this link mine shifts hard when cold then smoothes out when it warms up I bit the bullet and ordered the sensor hopefully it fixes the issue I spent about 2hrs underneath it last night tracing wires, I did find my cps wires were shorted to each other its a wonder the thing was even running I cut them spliced them back together then taped them up good. Didn't find any other wires shorted or freyed. On another note since replacing both o2 sensors and tps it is running better and seems to be getting better gas milage but only put 20 miles on it so far. Still having heat soak issues but I'm thinking about neon injector swap after Christmas.

Didn't they do some sort of foil around the #3 injector for the heat soak problem on the 2000/2001? Maybe you just need a heat shield.

nickxj94
10-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah it has it still does it all the time

nickxj94
11-29-2012, 01:53 PM
update on this i replaced the input sensor on the transmission and cel went off and it now shifts fine:woot: