PDA

View Full Version : P0132 code

Punisher
10-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Hey there guys and gals... long time no see..
But anyways I'm getting a little pissy about this code and I just can't find out why my jeep is still bogging and back firing at time when driving but I've replace the downstream O2 sensor and I beleive Ive replaced the upper stream but I'm getting a code reading of PO132 high voltage bank 1 sensor 1... Is that the upper o2 sensor or something?
just to say I have replaced the following in the pass 2 days...
1) Crankshaft position sensor
2) cap and rotor
3) coil
4) downstream O2 sensor the upstream is no longer than 9 months old

Its still running rich and it drives fine til once in a while it starts to bog down and lose power and when I push the gas a little more its starts to sputter and backfire out the carb and when I floor it, it races to high speed and then it rides nice til it start doing it again...
Ive checked the air filter and its clean as new so its getting air...

Thanks for any help if you know the problem... :bang:

cantab27
10-07-2012, 10:30 PM
hey man.....hows things..i think tony is pulling the same code and trying to sort....

cantab27
10-07-2012, 10:36 PM
na forget all that his is different..opps sorry

Punisher
10-07-2012, 10:37 PM
its going buddy...
Been so busy with the new job...
But I'll be on and off alot here now that I have my computer back up and running... I tried to use my android phone to come on here but its not letting me doo what I can with the home computer...
Damn.. Tony having the same problem huh? I've been trying to figure this out for the last 3 weeks and so far Ive replaced some sensor and still not working right...

nickxj94
10-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Hey there guys and gals... long time no see..
But anyways I'm getting a little pissy about this code and I just can't find out why my jeep is still bogging and back firing at time when driving but I've replace the downstream O2 sensor and I beleive Ive replaced the upper stream but I'm getting a code reading of PO132 high voltage bank 1 sensor 1... Is that the upper o2 sensor or something?
just to say I have replaced the following in the pass 2 days...
1) Crankshaft position sensor
2) cap and rotor
3) coil
4) downstream O2 sensor the upstream is no longer than 9 months old

Its still running rich and it drives fine til once in a while it starts to bog down and lose power and when I push the gas a little more its starts to sputter and backfire out the carb and when I floor it, it races to high speed and then it rides nice til it start doing it again...
Ive checked the air filter and its clean as new so its getting air...

Thanks for any help if you know the problem... :bang:

Yes its the o2 mine was doing something similar a while back I replaced the upstream or 1rst o2 on unplugged the downstream cause it was shorted out and causing fuses to blow. I would replace both you can get them from rockauto for under $20ea.

4.3LXJ
10-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Paul, welcome back from the dead. You can get that code from a bad wire or bad connection. You might trace down your wires and see what is up.

Punisher
10-07-2012, 10:44 PM
LOL... back from the dead...

Punisher
10-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes its the o2 mine was doing something similar a while back I replaced the upstream or 1rst o2 on unplugged the downstream cause it was shorted out and causing fuses to blow. I would replace both you can get them from rockauto for under $20ea.

I'm not having any problem with any fuses blowing... and the downstream is replaced and I belieive Ive replaced the upstream but not sure if the guy gave me the right one I thought they are the same til the autopart guy said it not so now that I know the downstream is the right one so now I have to figure out if the upstrem is the right one...

nickxj94
10-08-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm not having any problem with any fuses blowing... and the downstream is replaced and I belieive Ive replaced the upstream but not sure if the guy gave me the right one I thought they are the same til the autopart guy said it not so now that I know the downstream is the right one so now I have to figure out if the upstrem is the right one...

I know they have different part numbers and the downstream is a few bucks more then the upstream but mine had a broken wire that's why I replaced the upstream one, going to order the downstream next week so maybe my light will go off lol the heater inside the o2 shorted out causing it to blow the fuse.

Punisher
10-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Well guys I got the problem fix!! thanks for all your help...:beer:
When I did the OBD2 check on it, it says O2 sensor high volt (bank 1 Sensor 1) So with the help from you and others it means upstream O2 sensor was bad so which mean when I replaced the downsteam which is the (bank 2 sensor 2) it wasnt working properly as the upstream was bad.. So I replaced the upsteam and WOW! what a differents!! didnt think O2 sensor is so important... I just didnt think so as I know some people who took thiers out and it still running but does run rich... Now that I replced both the sensors it runs smooth and doesnt run rich anymore and I have great gas mileages... :D

nickxj94
10-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Good deal I replaced my downstream Thursday and tps boy I have noticed a big difference I can get 100 miles out of a 1/4 tank again Woot woot!