PDA

View Full Version : Lift Laws by State

TUWdave
10-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey all,
Just wanted to pass along something that I found regarding lift laws. 4.3LXJ brought up the lift issue after I mentioned I was planning an 8" lift for my
96 XL. Being new to offroading I overlooked the allowable lift in NJ. Found this web site and thought it would be a good idea to post a new string about it. I appoligize if someone has posted same info but a refresher never hurts.
Later,
Dave

http://www.liftlaws.com/

4.3LXJ
10-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks Dave. I think we should make some kind of sticky for the tech section with this.

LizardRunner
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Arkansas doesn't have many can't do's but they do frown on no fenders, it isn't against the law to not have them but you will get "talked to" about it occassionally. I've seen rigs here that you can see the car infront of the lifted vehicle through the undercarriage.

Mudderoy
10-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Arkansas doesn't have many can't do's but they do frown on no fenders, it isn't against the law to not have them but you will get "talked to" about it occassionally. I've seen rigs here that you can see the car infront of the lifted vehicle through the undercarriage.

Yeah same here in Texas. I've only ever seen a cop "talking" to one guy about the height of his headlights. 72" is pretty high.