PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer

Welehu1
10-02-2012, 09:58 PM
New to this thing and thought I would give it a try.

I know it's a long shot, because they're hard to find - but I'm looking for a rear storage box to install a CD changer in my XJ. There was an official Mopar accessory with Jeep logo, two compartments (top one for a CD changer), shaped to fit the space on rear R side behind wheel arch and thus replace that useless plastic moulding with a hollow space which holds nothing.

Or the officail part number and name of this thing.

4.3LXJ
10-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Wow Dean, I didn't even know they had such a thing

Welehu1
10-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah. I guess they stopped making them in the late 90's or early oo's. They actually are pretty cool looking and make the cubby usefull.

Joliet Johnny
10-04-2012, 05:33 AM
I want one of those storage boxes!!! That seems like the most logical use for that strange indention on my interior. Welehu1 if I was going to try to mount a cd changer I think Id go under the front passenger seat or under the rear bench. It seems little bit of a hassle to open the rear hatch, open special cover, eject 5 disc cd tray, load, reverse. I normally ignore the 1st gen Cherokees at the junkyard but I will keep my eye out.

4.3LXJ
10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
I was going to go the CD changer route, but have decided to go the IPod route instead. Hundreds of CDs on it already and accessible from the dash

Welehu1
10-04-2012, 08:20 PM
I just want the box. It is a nice little storage area.

XJ Wheeler
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Saw one on ebay a while back, it was the first i had heard them. Must be very hard to find.

denverd1
10-05-2012, 12:22 PM
I a pic (not sure if it was on here) where a guy put a piece of plywood over the hole and screwed it down. stored his tow strap in there. You could dress it up a bit to make it look nice or paint it to match it the interior. Pretty function-less the way it is now. There's also a sub box that fits there IIRC

Welehu1
12-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Found a lido box with "JEEP" on the side and mounted it in the cubby location. Pics soon.