PDA

View Full Version : XJTalk Stats

prerunner1982
10-01-2012, 12:37 PM
If you listened to the PodCast you will understand what prompted me to post this. If you didn't listen.... then go do so and come back, I will wait for you. ;)

Didn't know if this is of interest to anyone. I charted the 3 data points that Tony provides in each bi -weekly newletter, New Members, New Threads, and New Posts.

All three are tied together and I attribute that somewhat to the fact that a welcome thread is created for every new member and that threads gets a handful of posts and then of course the new member may (hopefully) make a few threads/posts of their own.

However, one point that deviated from this was 5/16-5/31. When the New Member count and the New Thread count were on a decline for the over a month, the New Post count jumped.

What caused this jump? It would take access to more info (and time) to determine this. Perhaps I got really involved with the Babe thread at that point... :smiley-computer005: :thumbsup: Who knows...

Also the two that are highlighted... Tony did not post a bi-weekly newletters for that time frame, only one for the whole month so I just divided it in half.
Maybe Tony can obtain the actual Data for me so that the graph is more accurate.

NW99XJ
10-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Well done!
I like visual references for this kind of stuff.
And i'm interested in how the site/podcast grows.
This is cool stuff man, THANKS!

prerunner1982
10-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Just wanted to post an update. Notice things are back on the rise.

prerunner1982
12-03-2012, 09:27 AM
And the roller coaster ride continues....

Mudderoy
12-03-2012, 09:35 AM
We talked about these graphs on the show last night. :thanx:

prerunner1982
12-03-2012, 09:40 AM
We talked about these graphs on the show last night. :thanx:

So hurry up and get it on the air already.. :D

prerunner1982
12-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Listening to the podcast one of you guys mentioned year to date totals so I added that info. Rather than repost the whole image for now I will just add that info here.

Members Threads Posts
YTD 1200 3096 32087

NW99XJ
12-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I need to bookmark this page....I keep looking for it , but cant remember where it is....

prerunner1982
12-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Hmmm.. new member and thread count goes up but post count goes down? Sounds like there are quite a few threads with no replies (link on tool bar "No Replies" to see what threads have gone un-answered). Based on the all time high new member count I would bet that it is mostly the Welcome threads for the new members that have not received any replies.

Funny I was working on this during the XJtalk show and then ya'll started talking about it.

** Added an "Average" total below YTD.

Mudderoy
12-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Hmmm.. new member and thread count goes up but post count goes down? Sounds like there are quite a few threads with no replies (link on tool bar "No Replies" to see what threads have gone un-answered). Based on the all time high new member count I would bet that it is mostly the Welcome threads for the new members that have not received any replies.

Funny I was working on this during the XJtalk show and then ya'll started talking about it.

** Added an "Average" total below YTD.

We've been getting so many new members I was thinking about turning the welcomes off. :(

LizardRunner
12-18-2012, 03:51 PM
:rolleyes: I notice that these charts look like wall street :rolleye0012:

prerunner1982
12-18-2012, 04:51 PM
We've been getting so many new members I was thinking about turning the welcomes off. :(

That would reduce the New Thread count by approx 39.4%.

4.3LXJ
12-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I am not sure yo should Tony. I think they should stay. No other forum has them

bluedragon436
12-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I hit the no replies button often and try and hit up any of the ones that have no replies when I can... I do notice that the Welcome threads are usually the ones that populate that list teh most often.. I try to hit them up when I have the time and internet access that will allow me to actually post a reply, I know to a new member seeing more welcomes on their thread is nice to see, and def gives a warm and fuzzy about the community so to speak!!

prerunner1982
01-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Here is the last one for 2012.

Interesting....last time the New Members and Threads went up while the Post count went down...... however this time the New Members and Threads went down and the Post count went up. That is a good thing, means more people are chiming in to the new and already active threads.