PDA

View Full Version : Welcome TimmyTXJ!!!

bigjim350
09-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi TimmyTXJ, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

TimmyTXJ
09-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm a brand new XJ owner having just bought my Jeep 3 days ago! I'm already enjoying some of the more "mundane" joys that come with with owning a older vehicle like changing oil, spark plugs, troubleshooting little electrical gremlins, etc. I'm really looking forward to getting it reliable so I can get out on the trails and learn what it can do!

My new toy:
White 1993 4-door XJ, 4.0L, AW4 transmission, NP231 transfer case, Dana 30 up front, Chrysler 8.25 in the back. Everything appears to be stock, although I believe the transfer case is from a newer Jeep.

A friend and I discovered a serious wasp nest in the "frame rail" this afternoon after a brief test drive. I think I'm going to name the Jeep "The Mud Dauber" in their honor. :)

4.3LXJ
09-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Alright Tim, I have those from time to time too. I had one in my frame up by the engine. I would stop and get a cloud, then drive off and leave them. Couple of trips to town and none left. :D

XJ Wheeler
09-30-2012, 12:11 AM
Hey Tim, welcome to xjTalk. I see you're from the Houston area. Quite a few on here that are, myself included.

Now, we're gonna need to see proof of said XJ, otherwise there's no way we can believe you.:D

Brasscatz
09-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Houston area here, too! What part of town are you in?

TimmyTXJ
09-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! I'm in the Cypress area of Houston, I'm glad to hear there are a few local folks on the forum. You can bet once I get the Jeep running reliably I'll be looking for someone to go wheelin' with! I'm pretty new to this, I've been out as a passenger with some friends a few times but that's about it. Looking forward to new friends and new adventures! :D

Proof is on the way... soon as I can figure out how to post a picture.

4.3LXJ
09-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Tim, you can upload directly from your computer desktop by clicking on "GoAdvance" and "Manage Attachments" below. Or a better method is to use Photobucket, a free image hosting service. This way is a little more manageable and serves as a good backup of your photos you may want to refer to later.

Brasscatz
09-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! I'm in the Cypress area of Houston, I'm glad to hear there are a few local folks on the forum. You can bet once I get the Jeep running reliably I'll be looking for someone to go wheelin' with! I'm pretty new to this, I've been out as a passenger with some friends a few times but that's about it. Looking forward to new friends and new adventures! :D

Proof is on the way... soon as I can figure out how to post a picture.

Sweet, I'm not too far from you. I'm at the Beltway close to 249. I believe there is at least one other member that lives in or around Cypress too.

Oh, and your post count will stay at zero until you post outside of the "Introductions" forum :thumbsup:

TimmyTXJ
09-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks 4.3LXJ. I've tried attaching a picture to this post... fingers crossed it works.

Brasscatz, great tip, I'll go look for another thread to post in.

XJ Wheeler
09-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Nice looking jeep, Tim. By the looks of it you got lucky with how free of rust it is. Got any modification plans yet?

TimmyTXJ
10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Thank you! Yes, I'm very lucky, the only significant rust I have found is directly below the bottle jack. A few patch panels will easily fix that. Since the jeep has been parked I've mostly just been going through and doing maintenance stuff so it will be reliable and safe. I plan on a 4.5" lift with 32" tires in the near future. After that, some beefier bumpers and a winch. Further on in the future 4.56 gears and lockers. Mostly I'll just upgrade when things break. :)

XJ Wheeler
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Thank you! Yes, I'm very lucky, the only significant rust I have found is directly below the bottle jack. A few patch panels will easily fix that. Since the jeep has been parked I've mostly just been going through and doing maintenance stuff so it will be reliable and safe. I plan on a 4.5" lift with 32" tires in the near future. After that, some beefier bumpers and a winch. Further on in the future 4.56 gears and lockers. Mostly I'll just upgrade when things break. :)

Good idea on doing the maintenance first, always the right decision. Sounds like a great plan. Little jeep doesn't even know what's coming.:D

NW99XJ
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
HA! thats funny... I work with a Timmy T.....
Welcome aboard man!