PDA

View Full Version : Add a leafs!! >:(

SeniorGustas
09-26-2012, 06:49 PM
does anyone know what website i can just buy a 6 inch add a leaf from? i have a 3 inch leaf on now that came with my lift and i'm going bigger! also will i need to take the 3 inch leaf off or should i leave it on?! and how much of a T Case drop should i do?!! thanks guys!! :D

nickxj94
09-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't think you can get 6inch aals, you would be better off getting a complete lifted leaf packs,

4.3LXJ
09-26-2012, 07:44 PM
That is true, you cannot get one. Not really possible to get that height with an add a leaf. If however, you can find an Isuzu Rodeo, you can use the springs out of that under your main leaf and get that height. Also, if you go that high, you might as well factor in a Slip Yoke Eliminator. The U joint yoke on the slip joint will not bend enough for that much lift

bigjim350
09-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Im on 6.5" with a 1" tcase drop, no sye and no vibes. Well I have no vibes all the way up to 75mph, i aint going no faster than that.

SeniorGustas
10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
That is true, you cannot get one. Not really possible to get that height with an add a leaf. If however, you can find an Isuzu Rodeo, you can use the springs out of that under your main leaf and get that height. Also, if you go that high, you might as well factor in a Slip Yoke Eliminator. The U joint yoke on the slip joint will not bend enough for that much lift

The Springs? what do you mean like the leafs that come out of the rodeo? and is this sketchy? hahaha i mean i'm more willing to throw down the cash and know it will be fine. but saving cash is always good.

4.3LXJ
10-01-2012, 10:19 PM
I have been running them for 2 years now. Not a firm spring, but they work. Here is a thread.

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3679&highlight=perfect+bastard+pack

Need to add to this to use the bottom leaf, only inverted. Can get a little more lift out of it using it the regular way