PDA

View Full Version : Need a hand for a friend

xj4life2
09-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Not sure if this is the right place but here's the deal. A guy I grew up with (he lives in Portland) his son is in El Paso in the Army FT Bliss.He has a wrangler and three days ago he kinda hurt it some. Hood, windshield and front axel tube bent. Long story short I was hopeing we could rally some of you Texans to give the kid a hand. From what I understand he can use the lift,air tools ect ect at the base. Still need to locate parts, front axel being the major one but a dana 30 shouldnt be that hard to find.I'm just going on pictures so there may be more or less. My friend wants to fly him and myself to TX to do this and well I think that would be kinda pricey. As it is this kid is a Private so money is already an issue. He is not so worried about cosmetics just safe and running. Anyway if anyone is willing to help in anyway it would be greatly appreciated , Feel free to repost on Wrangler talk as it is a Wrangler. I told him about our little group and what we could get done if we tried to.
Thanks in advance
Mark

Mudderoy
09-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Not sure if this is the right place but here's the deal. A guy I grew up with (he lives in Portland) his son is in El Paso in the Army FT Bliss.He has a wrangler and three days ago he kinda hurt it some. Hood, windshield and front axel tube bent. Long story short I was hopeing we could rally some of you Texans to give the kid a hand. From what I understand he can use the lift,air tools ect ect at the base. Still need to locate parts, front axel being the major one but a dana 30 shouldnt be that hard to find.I'm just going on pictures so there may be more or less. My friend wants to fly him and myself to TX to do this and well I think that would be kinda pricey. As it is this kid is a Private so money is already an issue. He is not so worried about cosmetics just safe and running. Anyway if anyone is willing to help in anyway it would be greatly appreciated , Feel free to repost on Wrangler talk as it is a Wrangler. I told him about our little group and what we could get done if we tried to.
Thanks in advance
Mark

It would be pretty cool if this works out. I know we have at least one member in that part of the country.

Dirt Dogg Rydas
09-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll pm you my number. He can call or text anytime. I have some hand tools (it was enough to do my lift), but I can get an air compressor but no air tools. although harbor freiginsofar not far from fort bliss

Showtime3492
09-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Man i would love to help but im across the country. If you need any smaller parts that could be shipped let me know i have a ton laying around from my driveline swap.

XJ Wheeler
09-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Just a suggestion, although he may not like it. I believe a beam axle from a 2wd XJ or ZJ would work and would be cheaper. Someone may even have one that did a 4wd conversion. Just temporary to get him going.

Mudderoy
09-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Just a suggestion, although he may not like it. I believe a beam axle from a 2wd XJ or ZJ would work and would be cheaper. Someone may even have one that did a 4wd conversion. Just temporary to get him going.

Having a 2wd might teach him a valuable lesson for the next time he's out and hitting it hard though. :D :smiley-whacky119:

xj4life2
09-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Having a 2wd might teach him a valuable lesson for the next time he's out and hitting it hard though. :D :smiley-whacky119:

Actually he was not hitting it that hard, he just ran outta road, Its pretty heroic story actually, I gained alot of respect for the kid. Long story short and I will copy and paste the the whole thing later , but he actually got the rig started and drove him and his buddys eight miles to call for help and get them to safety.

XJ Wheeler
09-26-2012, 01:51 PM

I bet he's already learned a lot from this.:rolleye0012:

XJ Wheeler
09-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Actually he was not hitting it that hard, he just ran outta road, Its pretty heroic story actually, I gained alot of respect for the kid. Long story short and I will copy and paste the the whole thing later , but he actually got the rig started and drove him and his buddys eight miles to call for help and get them to safety.

Everyone okay then?

xj4life2
09-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Pics of the Jeep and him after the oooops

xj4life2
09-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes everybody is ok , but if Josh had not kept his head about him it may have turned out different . Military and Boy Scout training paid off in this one big time !!!

XJ Wheeler
09-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Ouch! He'll surely be in my prayers.

xj4life2
09-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Well I just got the news that the frame is bent so I think this will put an end to the project. Big thanks to all for your offers of help and concern. Please keep Josh in your prayers, he's still pretty tore up. If anything changes I'll let ya know , I was kinda lookin forward to a trip to Tx. havent been there in a while.