PDA

View Full Version : Water leak!

Jeepster19
09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Awhile back I had a problem with the a/c evaporator freezing up,which in turn defrosted and the condensation leaked into the floorboard on both sides.Well I got that all fixed,turned out to be a bad low pressure switch.Today after washing my Xj,I noticed a good size puddle of water on the passenger side floorboard.The only thing I can think of is the water is somehow getting into the fresh air intake and then leaking through the casing then onto the floorboard.Is anyone else having this issue on there 97-01 Xj?:bang:

JENSSEN
09-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Is the heater core box leaking?

XJ Wheeler
09-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Mine does the same thing. I always assumed it was coming in from either a cowl or windshield leak.

nickxj94
09-24-2012, 08:53 AM
My wife's leaks on both sides I believe its the front windshield there is always a little water on the dash after it rains. Going to get a new windshield soon.

Jeepster19
09-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Is the heater core box leaking?

The heater core box is good.I replaced the heater core and evaporator a few years back and installed a new mopar gasket kit for the box assembly where it meets the firewall.I'll have to water test one area at a time,process of elimination.I just hope it's not the evaporator-heater core box,that's a huge job!:pray::bang:

nickxj94
09-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Check the lower corners of the windshield mine leaks on both sides, plus driver door seal leaks from door sagging

Jeepster19
09-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Will do,thanks!:thumbsup:

Jeepster19
09-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Check the lower corners of the windshield mine leaks on both sides, plus driver door seal leaks from door sagging

Doors and windshield are fine,no leaks there.I opened the hood and concentrated my efforts on the firewall area.I started on the blower motor-evaporator area.I took a peek inside as the water was running,it was pouring in a steady stream!I checked the bolts that held the blower motor in,they were tight.I then moved to the studs that secure the evaporator-heater core box.Holy crap,the majority of them were loose!!!Fingér loose at that!!!I don't see how that was overlooked when we installed the new evaporator and heater core.Well anyway,I get the dumb a$$ award for not re-checking the bolts.:wtf:Oh well,another problem fixed.I ran water on it after I tightened it,bone dry!:banana::banana::banana::D:D:D