PDA

View Full Version : Why an I blowing out the right front highbeam

NotSmall
09-19-2012, 08:10 AM
I have replaced three headlights so far. I'm getting a little tired of spending the $. The right front high beam goes out. It's the only one that blows (NPI). I have tested the headlights in the left side but sadly they are out, not just the wireing. Has anyone ever had this happen?
Gary

denverd1
09-19-2012, 09:52 AM
I've had water get into my lenses and cause a light to blow out repeatedly. OTT, I'm no help

NW99XJ
09-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I have an h4 conversion, with an upgraded harness..... and I went thru 3 sets in one year... having to swap out one bulb or another. I cant remember if it was one side or the other though. All I know is I was pissed that the $70 PIAA bulbs I spent good money on didnt last 6 months. Then I bought some Silverstar's... didnt last even 3 months.... now i'm on a cheapo-no-name-brand of H4's.... seem to be lasting just fine. -go figure.
Are your lights sealed beams, H4's, HID's?

4.3LXJ
09-19-2012, 10:10 AM
I have had similar luck with silverstars

Mudderoy
09-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow. Anyone monitored voltage at the lights?

BlueXJ
09-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Without actually testing it I would look into the ground. Run a second ground to a spot of your choosing and clean it with a wire brush to make sure it is good, then see if you can maintain a high beam on the right.

NW99XJ
09-20-2012, 09:03 AM
All good advice but if he's running HID's then the problem could be in the installation and/or the ballasts.....

NotSmall
09-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Just regular sealed beam.

NotSmall
09-29-2012, 07:34 PM
OK ... I'm not blowing headlights. The connection from the drivers headlight highbeam is not making contact with the drivers side headlight. Unknown where the break is. Anyone know how that little red wire gets to the other side. Up-side ... I have three good headlights.

4.3LXJ
09-29-2012, 08:35 PM
I had this same problem and it turned out to be the plug that attaches to the seal beam. I clipped one at the wrecking yard and used some crimp connectors to splice it in. No problems since

NotSmall
09-30-2012, 12:31 AM
I thought of that, however, I'm not getting power from the drivers side. Is there a plug in there somewhere that I can Check between the drivers side and the Pass side?
?

oderdene
09-30-2012, 07:42 AM
OK ... I'm not blowing headlights. The connection from the drivers headlight highbeam is not making contact with the drivers side headlight. Unknown where the break is. Anyone know how that little red wire gets to the other side. Up-side ... I have three good headlights.

as I remember correctly, they are behind grill, on top side