PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Dredwolf!!!

bluedragon436
09-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi Dredwolf, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Be sure and check out our XJ TALK SHOW! (http://podcasts.xjtalk.com) It\'s about Cherokees! It\'s like a radio talk show, but from the Internet.

Check out our sister sites, http://www.WranglerTalk.com/ and http://www.di-dah-dit.com/

4.3LXJ
09-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for joining James

Dredwolf
09-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Glad to be here, found the forum while looking for info on wheeling locations in SC/NC and decided to join.
Had looked through the Detours threads a few times, trying to plan a build of my '99 XJ and keep a low-profile front bumper. I am member on other forums, but trying to find one that works for me. I enjoy so many $$ hobbies, I have to be reasonable, or I get to enjoy none of them. Or one gets put aside for a decade or so.

I consider myself a "tinker" in that I will literally try to work on anything, from woodwork to metal fab, from electronics to gunsmithing, but I don't consider myself a guru of anything.

My '99 was purchased by being overly hopeful of getting a "ready to use" XJ, and instead got a problem that I have too much invested to sell and try again. The kid I bought from blew the D35, and replaced it with a 4.10 D35, and left out the front drive shaft (I was dumb enough to believe "I have it out to save gas") since the front is still 3.55. I bought a 8.25 to swap, and am trying to figure out how to make the pieced together Rusty's/??? 4.5" lift more reliable without spending a fortune.

Since the vacuum ball was tossed in ignorance by previous owner, I am going to make my own to fit where I want, and make the a/c work right again.

The dream is to build this thing to where I can go back to Moab with my own vehicle, and if we rent a JK, it will be because the wife wants to drive, like she did in Sedona, AZ.

4.3LXJ
09-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I bought a vacuum reservoir from Summit Racing. Has served me well now for about five years

Dredwolf
09-16-2012, 03:49 PM
I bought a vacuum reservoir from Summit Racing. Has served me well now for about five years

I'll give that a try is this does not work. Previous owner broke off the plastic lines, so I am going to try:rolleyes: and craft a reservoir from 2" PVC, caps, and threaded barb and see if it works. I have a budget for the repairs/improvements to try and stick with.

4.3LXJ
09-16-2012, 05:54 PM
That will work. I have one made from 4" sitting in the shop

Carves
09-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Welcome aboard ...

If you have a junk yard handy ... a vacuum reservoir ought to be cheap.

I used a low profile, TJ unit on mine.

Dredwolf
09-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Welcome aboard ...

If you have a junk yard handy ... a vacuum reservoir ought to be cheap.

I used a low profile, TJ unit on mine.

Junkyards around here seem to be on a premium on any Jeep parts. And so many of them are really picked over.

I shelled out $400 for the 8.25 after looking for several weeks. One I know of uses all XJ's for yard cars, I hate going by there and seeing the waste of parts.:bang: